255/55 R19 for street/off-road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this topic has been beat to death, but it seems the threads I came across were for either 18" tires or for someone looking for mainly road manners. While road manners are very important, I also want them to perform well off-road. And living in CO, I need some snow/ice performance as well. I would like to keep the road noise to a minimum.

The dealer recommended Pirelli ATR's.

Any other recommendations?

Also, is anyone interested in some good used spare tires?

J.D.

GALR3

Reaction score
Pirelli ATRs

Unfortunately cannot say I have had the opportunity to put them to the snow test (wish I could)...but I do love em....very quiet, great on the wet, and overall a very nice ride.

The difference between the Pirellis and the Goodrocks that came on my Rover is unbelievable...

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have mich's on the front and due to torn tread, had to find a used set of goodyears and they ARE WORTHLESS!! Plus they are the highest price too! We had a blowing snow storm roll in last night after a warm weekend and that created black ice. My poor wife said the wind was blowing her nearly off the road, but the fronts were grabbing better than the rears. I gotta do something before the next storm, so I guess I'll start price shopping the Pirelli's.

Thanks for not throwing me in the fire for beating a dead horse!

J.D.

GALR3

Reaction score
Oh...one other thing...

While I really love the ATRs....I am considering the Nokian WR G2 SUV on the next go round....

And...from what I hear, they make an AWESOME the best snow tire in the HAKKAPELIITTA...given what you need, might be worth look....

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest worry with the Nokians is getting only 30k miles or less...

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoam_WA - is that 30k real world experience? I see they are right around the same price as the other tires so getting 10-15k less out of a tire that is the same price is a big deal. However, not as big as it might be for some as we are going to get my wife a commuter car soon to save miles on the LR3 and gas. So we might get more time in terms of years out of a set than we would without a commuter.

J.D.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No no no...just pure speculation since it's more of a snow/all-weather tire and historically those kinds of tires wear a bit sooner. I've got at least 55k on my Michelin Synchrones right now and it looks like they'll go another 15k....

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought the car with what I believe are the Synchrones so I have no idea what they have for wear, but when we took them on a mildly rocky road, part of the tread tore off and got me into this predicament to start with. If they are indeed the Synchrones, I wont go with those again.

I'd like to hear from someone who has the Nokians, but I'll also search and see what I can find.

J.D.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't go with those again because they stopped selling them in that size. Now they sell the Lattitudes, which may be what you're wearing.

...you probably should've thought twice about taking those tires off-road. They are not suited for that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99