93' LWB Fuel Pump location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V

Vincent

Hello, Think I have an out of commision fuel pump on my 93 Range Rover. Started seeing problems with incorrect reading fuel gauge last week and dealership said the sending unit was bad. Since the sending unit was attached to the pump I'm told to relplace the pump. Got back from a 1000 mile x-mas trip last night and this morning it won't start. Good electric, good starter, just won't catch spark. Figured since the pump needs replaced anyway, I'd start there. I'm wondering the exact loacation of the pump? Figured I can stumble my way through the rest with a little luck. Thanks in advance for any help.

jholewka

Reaction score
Hey Vince, The fuel pump is in the top of the fuel tank, access is from inside vehicle, take out back carpet you should see a round cutout in the insulation padding, the pumps under there. There are also atwo relays involved, pressure regulator. With the key on, you should here the pump running in the back. Do yourself a favor and but the WS manual it's great to have. Just replaced my FP in my 92 recently, the pumps ground wire rotted off. I changed the pump, relays and regulator and fuel filter as well, now it's got a fresh start, good for another 130,000 miles. I also sprayed the top of the pump with Boshield to prevent rusting down the road. Good luck.
Jim

V

Vincent

Jim thanks for setting me in the right direction and giving me tips on the other replaceable. Funny you should mention the shop manual - found one on EBAY this morning. Out of curiosity does $220 sound about right for that fuel pump? I found a Bosch at a place online that looks like it should do the trick. Dealership wants $500 figured I could do better than that.

J

JackUnion

Hey Jim, putting rust inhibiter on the pump is a great idea but if you feel that you need that (with your climate etc) I would sugest that you also go crazy with that stuff along your fuel lines. In the past few months I had to replace rusty fuel lines on half a dozen 95 and older trucks up here in Canada, somehow it just seems to be their lifespan up here and it's not a nice job to have to do.

jholewka

Reaction score
Vincent, I got mine from atlantic british, cost was 339.00 for oem pump. It lasted 130,000 miles, I wouldn't go with anything else.

Jack, yes I like to get the undercarrage clean then spray the boshield on all the exposed metal prone to or starting to rust. I can see how those lines can be a real pain to change.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oledave49