AC Compressor replaced @ 115k Miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMET

Reaction score
Had an independent European shop do the work, around $2500. They've done work on my other vehicles too.

KMET

Reaction score
That sounds steep!

Welcome to Los Angeles...

On the plus side they're within walking distance from my home & I trust them. My first encounter with them I asked questions already knowing the answers. I've sorta lost my own since of accomplishment fixing my own ****. I just wanna jump in push a button n go.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine done at 109k. Like KMET said, welcome to LA. Another character that California Has developed on my car is the bonnet lettering pealing and fading from the gray into a yellowish color. Get ready to see that if you don’t keep your car in the garage all the time.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
edit: misread. thought this was for air comprssor.

Last edited:

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy the tools and dodge the fools...

At the risk of jinxing myself, I haven't worked on an AC system in years.

Can you even recharge it yourself nowadays?

Last time I touched an AC was in 2008 or 2009 when I had to dig into the system on my 993. It still runs as cold as those air cooled cars are likely to get, so I must have done a halfway decent job.

KMET

Reaction score
AC systems are one thing I wont touch.

Had mine done at 109k. Like KMET said, welcome to LA. Another character that California Has developed on my car is the bonnet lettering pealing and fading from the gray into a yellowish color. Get ready to see that if you don’t keep your car in the garage all the time.

At least our dashes aren't cracking as they did on LR3's

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It still runs as cold as those air cooled cars are likely to get, so I must have done a halfway decent job.

LOL. I can't imagine air-cooled 911's blowing ice-cold air. But working on 911's is tricky. I've only had a 997.1TT and didn't do anything too complex while I had it (belt, fuel filter, oil changes, etc.) and that wasn't awful, but still a relative PITA compare to "normal" cars.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. I can't imagine air-cooled 911's blowing ice-cold air. But working on 911's is tricky. I've only had a 997.1TT and didn't do anything too complex while I had it (belt, fuel filter, oil changes, etc.) and that wasn't awful, but still a relative PITA compare to "normal" cars.

I've had more than 1 guy ask me isn't that Rover hard to work on? In relative terms... Yeah, no.

The 997TT HVAC does function like a real car though. The progression of the 911 from the air cooled cars to the water cooled cars is massive. And a bit sad at the same time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9