Advice Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidkaleta

Reaction score
Somebody please advise, i have a 06 HSE with stock 255/60r18's on and want to change for something more agressive. The choice is limited out here in the middle east but have found Nitto Terra Grappler's in 285/60r18. My question is will these fit properly, i know the speedo might be out a bit, bit not to worried about that.
Cheers Guys

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a question that I am also currently seeking but have done extensive research. I've read all the blogs (at least I think). I've called all the companies especially with rumor about new tires coming out (Pirelli, Nitto, etc.).

I am swapping my 19 wheels for 18 wheels and plan to (next week) purchase the Nitto Terra Grappler 265/65/18. Last week I planned to do the 285/60/18 as you are thinking. As far as I can read, both tires fit per other people. Again, I don't have experience personally but am about to do the same thing.

My dealer believes the 265/65/18 is a safer bet as he has them himself. One person at a dealership was concerned about the 285 rubbing against a compressor line; however, there is much more literature (including the excellent blog that was referenced) about the 285/60/18 being a perfect fit with no scrubbing even with max articulation.

Thus, I think the call will be up to you...I am personally going to go with the 265/65/18. I think the slight height advantage will be better for me than 20 mm width. Good luck!

-Josh

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Josh you might want to check your brands/sizes again. The Nittos aren't
showing a 265/65-18, just 285/60 and 255/55. BFG has a 265/65-18 that is
a popular size on this board. I'm running 285/60-18 Toyo open countrys and
I've had good luck with them.

dennis1953

Reaction score
02 rr hse- sunroof help

I have a 2002 range rover hse and the sunroof is stuck closed,when I push the button the motor starts to engauge then stops , it wil not slide back or pop up .I tried to manualy move it with the crank but it wont budge .It sounds mechanical to me but the dealer says its the software and to come in and put it "on the computer" which is code for $$$$ .I'm pretty sure somthing is jammed or stuck in the track but I don't know what the procedure is to remove the sliding glass panel . Any suggestions would be helpfull . thannks

Last edited:

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct...I can't believe I typed that after all the searching I've been doing! Anyway, thank you for the correction. I really like the Nittos but I'm going to do the 265/65/18 so I suppose I've got to find a different brand. Thanks!

-Josh

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well look no further if you are going with that size I'm sure the BFG A/T KO will
be your best bet. There are several threads on these tires, just use the search.

Last edited:

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm between the BFG A/T KO and the Goodyear SilentArmor...any thoughts?

-Josh

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm between the BFG A/T KO and the Goodyear SilentArmor...any thoughts?

-Josh

Hi Josh, I have the GY Silent Armor tires and I'm extremely satisfied with them..VERY quiet on road, great on mud/snow/rocks, very good on ice ,highly resistant to hydroplaning , robust construction and wear like iron :) also rated highly at Tire Rack.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surve...jsp?width=265/&ratio=65&diameter=18&type=ORAT

I ran them at Montrose LRNR and will run them at Moab as well.
HTH
John

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99