Advice Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with the durability of the BFGs though.

Also, I have the Coopers in the 285 size and they DO rub...on the plastic fender piece. However I think this may be due to the aftermarket rim I mounted which has an offset that puts the wheel out a bit wider. We are talking millimeters though, so even the LR rim might cause this rubbing. Nathan Woods runs (or did run) the Coopers in this size, but his LR3 is coil-sprung and this may make a few differences in terms of how the vehicle "wears" the tires. Adam Spiker ran them as well but on a RRS. Hmmm...one more gentleman (on this board) who ran the continental divide trip with them ran the Cooper Zeons as well and I don't recall if he ever weighed in on the rubbing question.

So...the rubbing is slight; in off-road height it is only on the extremes of the turn radius that the rubbing happens, and it is only on that little plastic piece, so it won't damage the rubber. ...hopefully it won't take the fender flare piece off!

Anyway if it's an off-road tire only (that is the case with me) it should not be an issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4