Air suspension leak issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day Tapps33, I reckon avslash is the man to give a full rundown on the air-up system. He's had it fitted for years. I haven't seen or used one, but have read everything available. Build up your own system.
I would not recommend any dealings with GOE.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @RobRover88! Any chance you can give a brief description of the emergency air system/setup?

As some or who’s had a compressor fail before, I’m curious as to how this emergency system works. FYI, riding around town on the “stops” is not fun....especially when it takes over a week for the new compressor to arrive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From memory, so forgive any slight oversights.

Disclaimer - I can never remember what the factory fittings that connect the air lines are called. I think they are "bsf" fittings. If not, my apologies.

The kit is dirt simple. It consists of 20 or so feet of extra air line. 4 quick disconnect to quick disconnect couplers, four right angle bsf fittings that connect to the front and rear valve blocks, four bsf to quick disconnect couplers and four "pigtail" connectors which are a fitting with a quick disconnect on one end and a schrader valve on the other. This last set of coupler is stored somewhere convenient in case you need to use them. That is it.

The kit extends a loop for each air "circuit" feeding each of the four corners. This loop is routed somewhere where it would be convenient to access if it is ever needed. I have the two loops for my front struts routed out through the grille and tucked behind my winch. For my rears, the lines are pulled a bit through the access hole in the center of the bumper.

To install, all you do is disconnect the factory air lines that feed the struts from the valve blocks and install two right angle bsf fittings. Feed a loop of new air line for each strut from your new bsf right angle fittings through to the grille and then back down to the valve block. Cut the air lines at the grille and then reconnect them with the quick disconnect couplers. Back at the valve block, connect the other end of your new air lines to the factory lines feeding the struts using quick disconnect to bsf couplers. If you ever need to use the system, disconnect whichever quick coupler is needed at the grille and install the pigtail schrader valve connector. You can then air up the strut using a compressor or any other suitable air pump.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM