Anyone end up buying their Grenadier order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neighbor lady at the subdivision we recently moved from had a 2017 D5, white with black trim. Barely drove it. Saw it pull out of the drive a couple times a month. Nice person. She came over one day and she positively commented on my LR4 and said she couldn't believe it was over 10-years old. We took a look at her D5 and chatted about it a bit. She said she bought it for the hands-free phone option, but that it was glitchy and only worked sporadically. I promised to take it to the forums and see if it was a known issue and if there was a fix. I did and it was and there were lots of "fixes" but none of them seemed to work, at least for her. She followed up with the dealership that she bought it from and they weren't all that helpful. They said it was a problem in the 2017s but they got it worked out in later models (2018 or 2019 I think she said). They offered to order an updated head unit and have it installed for thousands of dollars. By that time, she seemed more embarrassed that she bought the wrong car than willing to follow up on it. She had a nice slick looking EV that she drove as her daily (Lucid, I think) and she seemed to enjoy that more anyhow. Maybe that's the market, people that can afford not to care if things don't work out and move on.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hands free was pretty common by 2010 yet she bought a 2017 because it had it? lol we have found the D5 buyer.

L Crist

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cancelled my Grenadier reservation/order. The nail in the coffin was the final cost. I was also never able to make it to any of the test drive events they had around Los Angeles... And honestly? I'm just not ready to part with my LR4.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really curious what the resale/depreciation will be on the Grenadier.

If similar "off road oriented" models are any indication, it's probably pretty low.

Jeep Wranglers barely depreciate, especially the 4-door unlimited models.

G-Wagons almost defy logic on how little they depreciate. I was looking at 2005 to 2008 model year G-Wagons with around 80k miles 8.5 years ago at the same time I wound up buying my LR4, and the same year and mileage is the same cost now as it was then. Even high mileage ones have little depreciation. Had I bought a 2008 with 70k miles for around $45k and put 100k miles on it like I've done my LR4, it would still be worth around $35k now.

Even the new Defenders have defied the standard steep Rover depreciation. 2020 models that were $70k new are listed for $55 to 60k now. I'm curious what will happen to them if and when Land Rover does a model refresh. I know the L405s have dropped like a rock ever since the L460 came out.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll likely cancel my order. I really like the car, but no dealers in northern CA and no real plan to get service to people far from dealers. Plus, really p*ssed that they promised everyone that service manuals would be made available to consumers, and now they seem to be backing away from that position.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nearest dealer is 900km away. Nope.

Next consideration is Lexus GX hybrid next year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72