Anyone know a reasonable dealer for timing chains 2011 LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willsnow

Reaction score
I'm located in New England - Maine to be specific. Started hearing the wonderful chain slap and talked to the local dealer - quoted 9500$ for the job.

Anyone get a better deal? If so, where? I'm willing to drive a bit if I have to. Would prefer a rover dealer.

Thanks for any pointers,

--w

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek: $9500! I thought dealers charged $5-6k.

Sorry, I'm in the Boston area but luckily have not had to have any (maintenance) work I couldn't handle myself.

willsnow

Reaction score
That was my recollection as well. Hell, I'm willing to drive to boston if it's 6k.
9500 is nutty. And doesn't include the suggested other items (water pump, etc.)

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can a timing chain job possibly cost $10K? That just seems insane to me.

Tells me they just don't want to do it, but rather than say "no," they price themselves out of the job.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm located in New England - Maine to be specific. Started hearing the wonderful chain slap and talked to the local dealer - quoted 9500$ for the job.

Anyone get a better deal? If so, where? I'm willing to drive a bit if I have to. Would prefer a rover dealer.

Thanks for any pointers,

--w

Sounds a bit much -- are they planning to replace all 8 injectors while they're in there ?

Sean A

Reaction score
That’s insane, my dealer in NW Indiana wants $5500 and that’s taxs and everything. I just haven’t pulled the trigger yet. They are cheaper than all the independent shops around here.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week the guy checking out next to me at the Land Rover dealer said "I can't believe the timing chain job costs $9600". So your dealer in ME is using the same pricing as my local dealer here in Hanover, MA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72