Anyone running BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO - 265/65/18 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts? I'm worried that they might rub, especially if I were to drive in access mode (there are several parking garages in the area that I need to lower the truck to get into).

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen them on a couple of LR3 and RRS (different forums), great looking tires... A bit on the expensive side but probably worth it, especially over rocks since they are built so tough. According to the owners there is very little rubbing, no more so than with the "popular" 285/60s (the overall diameter is only fractionally larger.) The RRS owner - who mounted them on Brembo brakes of his Supercharged, THAT was a challenge! - had some problems fitting the spare under the car though. That doesn't really surprise me, my 285/60s barely squeeze in that well, only if partially deflated. I can see how the BFG, with its stiffer sidewalls, may be even more of a challenge to fit up there.

JThiessen

Reaction score
I have them, and they dont rub (at least not that we have experienced)

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them and Love them. The rub is at the front side of the rear wheel well, where the bump is. The rub occurs in a full stuff condition, or making a hard fast turn in access mode, and the body leans. It evenutally clearances the material.
Complaints, none. Tire wear is good. My first set of Goodyears lasted like 13K, and I have doble that now, and I've maybe worn these tires a few 32nds. Traction, Awesome! Handling, awesome! Wallowness, mostly gone, it was in the cheesy tires! A little hum, but no big deal. If you are going to spend time off the road, I definitely reccommend them, esp[ecially with the strongest sidewall out there. I had beat and abused these downtown and up in the mountains, and they have been great.

JThiessen

Reaction score
One additional note: going to this tire will accentuate any misalignment your rig might have. Just be prepared to spend the additional $ on an alignment. Also, your speedo will be off by 5% (and there is no ability to correct it).

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'm still not entirely sold as I really think that I need to be able to turn the wheels pretty far while in access mode. Too bad that there are very few tires that are made in the OEM sizes!

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
General Grabber AT2's come in stock size for 18" rims. 255/60R18. You can see them on tirerack.com

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
General Grabber AT2's come in stock size for 18" rims. 255/60R18. You can see them on tirerack.com

Thanks, I'll look into them. I was hoping to find some that I could also use as snow tires. There are times where I would need to have snow rated tires in order to drive over some of the mountain passes in my area... or put on chains.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Grabbers are M + S rated, however they do not have the severe service symbol on them. Quoted, "look for the peaked mountain with snowflake symbol. Tires marked with this symbol meet specific snow traction performance requirements and have been designed specifically for use in severe snow conditions". However, we sell them all the time with no complaints in snow. I'm out here in Colorado. Snow and ice are a given.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Grabbers are M + S rated, however they do not have the severe service symbol on them. Quoted, "look for the peaked mountain with snowflake symbol. Tires marked with this symbol meet specific snow traction performance requirements and have been designed specifically for use in severe snow conditions". However, we sell them all the time with no complaints in snow. I'm out here in Colorado. Snow and ice are a given.

Hey, maybe you can tell me why most of the Grabbers do have the sever snow symbol, but some, including those for our trucks, don't?

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink