ARB dual compressor mounting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 LR4.

I don't have the dual compressor, but I do have the larger single ARB unit mounted in exactly the location you pictured to provide air for my front locker. I couldn't use the auxiliary battery box, as I have already added another battery in that location.

It was a bit of pain, as the bottom of the open area there is so oddly shaped. I ended up using rivserts to provide anchoring points, and had to hack up the ARB bottom bracket a bit, as well.

I originally wanted to go with the dual compressor, but after poking around in there, I decided that I wouldn't be able to make it fit.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 LR4.

I don't have the dual compressor, but I do have the larger single ARB unit mounted in exactly the location you pictured to provide air for my front locker. I couldn't use the auxiliary battery box, as I have already added another battery in that location.

It was a bit of pain, as the bottom of the open area there is so oddly shaped. I ended up using rivserts to provide anchoring points, and had to hack up the ARB bottom bracket a bit, as well.

I originally wanted to go with the dual compressor, but after poking around in there, I decided that I wouldn't be able to make it fit.

We all enjoy photos of these solutions and who were you responding to?

Rover 4

Reaction score
some photos:
2013 land Rover LR4 Gray Dual Battery.jpg
2013 land Rover LR4 Gray ARB 1.jpg
2013 land Rover LR4 Gray ARB 2.jpg

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Can the seat still work as normal? Folding flat and such?

LOL the seats ARE folded flat.... there's plenty of room in each 3rd row footwell for that compressor. It's where I have a ton of recovery gear, tools, 48" high lift and wheel chocks.

I wouldn't want to use up all that space just to have a faster compressor. A single would also fit inside the rear sidewall behind the plastic. The single will fit up front under the hood in a couple locations though.

Rover 4

Reaction score
Seat folds fine, both upright and when 3rd and 2nd row are flat. no issues. the photo show the chuck missing, but its not a fit issue, i just pulled it temporarily for an airline. My Disco II in the avitar photo has a smaller onboard compressor but with a 1 gallon tank setup. i'm used to having the air in the cab vs in the engine compartment. the noise level is not bad, even if you're in the rig. i store other soft items in the blank space next to the compressor anyways. Its a nice setup if you've added a dual battery setup under the hood.

Rover 4

Reaction score
LOL the seats ARE folded flat.... there's plenty of room in each 3rd row footwell for that compressor. It's where I have a ton of recovery gear, tools, 48" high lift and wheel chocks.

I wouldn't want to use up all that space just to have a faster compressor. A single would also fit inside the rear sidewall behind the plastic. The single will fit up front under the hood in a couple locations though.

if i was just filling my tires, a single is fine, but i'm usually filling other's tires and or i can run air tools with this setup. i have a portable 1 gallon i line in as well for the air tools. the twin is a way better setup than the single. If anyone is interested in the single, i've got one new in box, let me know, j

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi