ARB dual compressor mounting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I think I'm going to go this route and likely mount an air tank under the truck somewhere.

I guess none of you have realized the rovers have factory mount points for the factory air tank.... for us this means it mounts under the passenger side. Mine is filled by a line from the compressor under the hood and i have two outlets and gauges one under hood and one inside left rear cargo area side hatch which is also where the emergency battery combine-switch is located.

I have the extra tank on the opposite side from the one used by the suspension. So simple to mount and a lot bigger than 1gallon. No need to use up valuable interior space.

I considered it at length but decided i see basically zero need for air tools trailside. Recently I removed, repaired and reinstalled a front strut trailside due to failed air line splice. Hand tools are fine. Air tools just add a lot more bulk and require that compressor to run. Seems crazy if you really had a big job.

I’m trying to think of what can the done easily without air. Maybe to get the hub off the axle or something. Removing the viscous fan is way easier w air hammer/wrench.

What else?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, don’t mean to rain on a parade but that twin is so damn loud, sure wouldnt want to be a passenger inside the car while you run it. Totally obnoxious. My gf sits in to read while I air up unless it’s nice and there’s a view or something else to do. No way would I want that twin inside the cabin w me if it needed to come on to activate an arb air locker either.

Just too many reasons why it’s best outside the cabin.

E1966

Reaction score
this might help some of You in your future add ons...

Due on my to upgrading tires I opted to eliminate the spare tire and winch in my Lr3. Having done that I decided to mount the arb compressor after exhausting any possible location inside the cabin or under the hood. (Knowing that I don't want it damaged by heat engine exposure, I considered the inside of the cabin but I didn't wanted to be exposed to prying eyes). so

IMG_2246.jpeg
IMG_2247.jpeg

the set up is very simple.... 1/4 aluminum plate tank
and air compressor mounted on to it. The whole thing get mounted on to the chassis of the truck.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
this might help some of You in your future add ons...

Due on my to upgrading tires I opted to eliminate the spare tire and winch in my Lr3. Having done that I decided to mount the arb compressor after exhausting any possible location inside the cabin or under the hood. (Knowing that I don't want it damaged by heat engine exposure, I considered the inside of the cabin but I didn't wanted to be exposed to prying eyes). so

View attachment 10070 View attachment 10071

the set up is very simple.... 1/4 aluminum plate tank
and air compressor mounted on to it. The whole thing get mounted on to the chassis of the truck.
How durable would that be off road? Are you worried about it getting punctured?

E1966

Reaction score
The location is pretty high off the ground , and the type of off roading I do...even to the extreme it will never touch ground. The most likely part that might come into contact will be the EAS air compressor as it protrudes below the frame of the truck. that's one of the worries that I have and I am considering relocating it to the back.

in terms of durability it should last quite a bit. There is a few things I am waiting on the mail to make it less noisy and should isolate the sound traveling thru the sheetmetal of the truck. This compressor is 15 times louder than the EAS as compressor but then again it also pressurizes to 150 psi in under 2 minutes as opposed to 35phi for the EAS. Not having it installed in the hood and keeping it away from the heat is better

Last edited:

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend trying to shield it in some way from road spray. I mounted the same model compressor in almost the same spot in a previously owned F250. Mine was between the spare tire carrier and the bed floor.

It lasted about 18 months before it died.

That is a great compressor. It moves a good bit of air.

E1966

Reaction score
That is a good Idea, although here in communist California there isn't much of the white powder or salt on the road.there are other white powders but I am not getting into that subject.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this older thread to see if there are any fresh ideas or thoughts.

I bought an ARB single compressor (not the double like the title states), which should be plenty for me. The extent to what I'll be using it for is airing up the Rover's tires and my wife's stand-up-paddleboard, and popping fresh tubeless mountain bike tires onto the bead. No air tools (all my power tools are electric, anyway).

I am planning on installing it in the deadspace behind the US passenger-side headlight (the spot identified in the original post in this thread). While lots of shops sell brackets to install these in lots of other vehicles, the LR4 is not one of them. So I'm looking at home-building a bracket that will mount to... well, guess I'm not sure. Maybe drill some holes down at the bottom and use some nutserts. Then use some metal flatbar to make a simple bracket. I'm planning on putting the switch right there, too. I don't have air lockers, so no need for an in-cab switch.

Thoughts? Ideas? Anyone put one there?

Rover 4

Reaction score
You'll trash it under the vehicle, particularly in any states that use chemicals or salt for snow/ice. running mine between 2nd and 3rd row seats, also stow my indeflate, 50' air hose, and other tire stuff. All fits nicely. chuck is mounted facing up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM