Audio Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done anything to upgrade the sound system in the LR4 (subs, etc)? I'm not complaining, as it sounds pretty good stock! Just curious what's out there in terms of upgrades (if anything)...

gmag24

Reaction score
Bushway,

I would love some of your feedback on that stock system. I'm about to purchase an LR4 myself and was hesitant about stock, without even testing the system, but made the concession in order to get the vision assist package.

I tried the stock eventually and didn't find it all that bad, but I'm certainly no audio ******. Curious what you think of stock.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was tempted to on a few occasions, but after hearing horror stories about how it could potentially mess up your electrical system, cause all sorts of nasty gremlins and invalidate the warranty, had to abandon the idea. Harmon K is alright but definitely not great, but then given that all music formats I listen to are heavily compressed, its probably as good as I will ever need

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find the current system able to rattle my windows and mirrors enough. I would hate to loose valuable cargo space to a sub enclosure.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Lux with HK Logic 7. Plenty of wattage and bass (includes sub). Maybe you can upgrade from the standard model to this...

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a bug in the software on my 2013. Sometimes the sub will NOT play anything until I go to the levels and change it (up or down) one notch.. then it 'turns on'.

i have this happen all the time.

If you ever feel like you get no bass and expect it, move that setting a bit and see if it turns on the sub.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, how do I know if I have an upgraded stereo?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it say "Harman Kardon Logic 7" on the door's speakers? That's the upgraded 825W system with active sub and 17 speakers.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill have to check when I get it back. I accuse ty backed into my gate and put a few nasty scratches in the rear panel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9