Authorized Service Centers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dandyrover

Reaction score
Is there a directory on this site that lists authorized Rover Mechanics / centers (other than dealerships) by region or state?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not anything complete that I am aware of... I have seen a few sporadic listings...

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think only dealers are "authorized" service centers.
I've never seen a comprehensive directory of independents.
What do you need done? A good mechanic should be able to handle most of the stuff on a Discovery, even if they haven't worked on them before.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding competent Landrover help other than dealers is difficult. It took me more than a week. Here is what happened to me. I called the local Dealership and they were not very helpful..."did you try the yellow pages?" So, next I look at on-line "yellow pages". Yellow pages returned different results when different search criteria were used. Notice the different uses of the spaces.
1- Land Rover service
2- LandRover repair
3- Rover repair
4- English car service
Sometimes the yellow pages returned different results using the SAME criteria!

Finally I found "Flying Circus English Car Repair". I thought it was "fly by night".... but later learned it's a British Joke like "Monty Python's Flying Circus." I found their website, I read the "about us", and sure enough they had a factory trained Rover-guy who trained in Land Rover's hometown! Here's their website http://www.flyingcircusenglishcars.com/aboutFCEC.html
and they were only a few miles from me! The lesson I learned is: sometimes sources don't always return what we expect, sometimes sources simply lie to me, so I tried something else!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best way to find a good Rover shop is to talk with your Rover club and see who they recommend.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a directory on this site that lists authorized Rover Mechanics / centers (other than dealerships) by region or state?

You don't have your location posted for a repair facility in your area to look into.
West Cost British in Livermoer California with Mike Green an 'ex Rover trained mechanic
not only does off road adventures as well stock to full race engine builds is one sharp and honest person. He hates to see people get Rover dealer screwed. A highly respected person in my area of only 24 miles away. I'm out of the picture building my own engines and mods that would totally stump those Rover trained by the book so called "techs". My Rover service manager friend already knows i'm way over the top and his "techs" heads with modifications. He gets a a laugh at what i'll come up as I can add a brown streak in his undies after hot demo ride.

Look for an independant shop run by or with an 'ex Rover trained mechanic unless your too damn rich and don't care or a soccer mom that just shells out the money no questions asked unless you can wrench on your own Rover. BTW many small parts can be had from England to rebuild many items vs just a unit replacement like a steering box, alternator or starters.ABS sensors, SRS systems, TPS, O2 sensors collected from Pick N Pulls. These all big dollar items when in a panic with a failure. Collect spares and rebuild on the ready for future quick replacements. As I was trained, if you can't work on it you shouldn't own it, thanks dad for yours and my aircraft training and racing background.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72