Battery Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in for the P045 today and asked the service rep about the battery and warranty and all that. Basically the factory warranty covers it; the extended does not. It's not a huge deal because the battery is $158 and the warranty carries a $100 deductible so basically I'm trying to pinch $58; whatever I won't lose sleep over that.

That said, Todd I think it's a combination of things, the main two being what you said (lots going on behind the dash) and also just my battery getting old. When I first got the LR3 I'd run the stereo for a couple hours at a time (like at a tailgate party) and have no problems firing it up. Now that it's 3 years old I can't do that. One time I did completely drain it; I let it sit for 15 minutes and then it fired up...that was about a year ago. It could be that that episode took some life out of the battery.

I think before I go Roverine's route I'd need some evidence that an aftermarket battery would last longer than the OE. In the meantime, I think I'm just going to buy a new battery from the dealer and plop it in. Seems like I don't have to be in a hurry to do so as long as I'm careful...but I'll do it before October (winter).

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'd better take it back in before I hit the 5yr/50K mark.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM