Brake Noise 97 Disco SE7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skinnydipper

Reaction score
I had my front brakes replaced on my disco. I took it to a shop I trust, they have done a lot of work for me over the last six years. Anyway, they installed aftermarket rotors, repacked the bearings, and new aftermarket pads. After the work was finished, there was a clunnking noise when the wheels were turning, the nosie would go away when the brake pedal is pushed. The shop said that the aftermarket pads did not come with a "mounting kit". They ordered a mounting kit, installed it, and now the noise is intermitent. They have a set of OEM pads to install, but before I continue down this road I wanted to get opinons. I realize it's not exactly in depth information, but does it sound like a labor boo boo or a bad product?

Thanks,
Skinny

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the pads didn't come with new hardware. Retaining pins and springs. I tend to use oem parts that is original equipment manufacturer. Ok maybe not on everything, but defenitely when it comes to brake jobs. The insurance companies like it. The person driving ahead of you likes it and you should to. It may not be the brakes but it sounds like it might.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with Maddie, probably the springs or clips are bad or they didn't reinstall them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak