Broken Mirror Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nova lr3

Reaction score
I was backing up through some brush and somehow a branch got under my driver side mirror and popped it off the base. I found no parts - I think they flew to the next state but I have been told by a couple shops now that I need to order a whole new side mirror assembly. This seems to be ridiculous and overkill. In searching some posts on the web some makes have a separate pivot piece that can be replaced but I've seen nothing yet for the LR3 or any other Land Rover for that matter.

I've had it duct taped together for a few weeks now (black Gorilla tape - great stuff by the way!) - the mechanicals work fine. I'm tempted to just use some heavy duty glue to piece it back together, even though I would lose my fold-in ability then. Any thoughts on how to fix it, anything available?

teamfalcon

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me...

What are my options? Can I use epoxy?

Here is what it looks like. I can drive with it, it wobbles a bit.
DSCN7838.jpg

It comes off pretty easily.
DSCN7839.jpg

Close inspection I noticed a piece that was broken, close to cable.
DSCN7843.jpg

Then I looked for the piece inside the bottom portion of the mirror, and there it was.
DSCN7845.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge