Broken Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I still can't believe it. My 2 month old LR4 needs a new wind shield. A rock got kicked up by a truck in front of me on a paved road and hit the area just below the wiper but above the plastic at the base of the wind shield. 1/2" up or down and the rock would have hit something safe. Now I have a crack about 14" long that keeps creaping up the windshield.

In my 30 years of owning/driving cars I have only had to replace one other wind shield. I had an Audi Turbo Quattro that got so pitted with rock chips it had to be replaced.

I called up my agent and let him know about the crack and they have already called a local glass company. I knew they wouldn't have the right one in stock; there just aren't that many Land Rovers here in town. By the end of the week I will be another $250 lighter in the wallet to cover my deductable.

Anyone had to get a new one yet? With all the sensors; hi-beams, wiper and the heated wires, I'm wondering if I will still have everything work after the swap.

Rob

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Report:

Just got back from getting the windshield replaced. Everything is good so far. I will test tonight for Hi-beam and rain sensor functions. I will have to wait for a few months before I can test the heating function.

So far, the only source is a dealer for the LR4s windshield.

Rob

Rob

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine done in my LR3 by safelite, everything worked fine. $250 is not bad compared to the retail price of $1100

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right of course. I just was upset it happned to my new truck and not one of the other cars I have owned over the last 30 years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM