Chicken Flooring = Awesome!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So, I went with CaptainSpalding's advice (and others) and installed the chicken flooring (from FarmTek) as a floor to my Voyager roof rack. Let me say, it was an incredible fit and looks great! This is a cheap and easily removable flooring that is rock solid and tough. I can get up there and stand on it, pile stuff on the flooring, and ratchet strap things down easily.

I highly recommend it! I used industrial strength outdoor zip ties that are absolutely rock solid. The flooring does not even budge, but I used about 25 of them to secure it. Next up are my 2 jerry can holders...

Here are some pics of the flooring:

62ac196d.jpg

6ab62789.jpg

Some close ups of the flooring:

caf30bb9.jpg

f5787704.jpg

See the next post...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a close up of the zip tie (I was able to push the tab underneath so you can't see it - not shown in picture):

dd98f87e.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also... don't mind my UGLY wind fairing - I am in the middle of having a new one created....

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like crap...just leave the rack outside gordon biersch (the one at emerson, of course, although San Diego would be more convenient) tomorrow evening, and I will do you a favor and take it off your hands....too bad I don't think the car would fit in my garage with the rack on....

looks very nice!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like crap...just leave the rack outside gordon biersch (the one at emerson, of course, although San Diego would be more convenient) tomorrow evening, and I will do you a favor and take it off your hands....too bad I don't think the car would fit in my garage with the rack on....

looks very nice!
When are you getting your rack? ;-)

I like the chicken coop flooring because it is so rock solid, but it can be taken off in minutes just by snipping the zip ties.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biggest reason for not getting a rack: I think it would make the truck too tall to fit in my garage.

If I start to need to carry a few extra jerry cans, then I would probably have to, but for now, the few times I go family camping and need extra space, my yakima box works fine....but your setup certainly looks a lot nicer. Especially if you hang some high lifts and shovels off it.

All of your options almost take away from the fact that you bought a rust colored...my bad, nara bronze, car! :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biggest reason for not getting a rack: I think it would make the truck too tall to fit in my garage.

If I start to need to carry a few extra jerry cans, then I would probably have to, but for now, the few times I go family camping and need extra space, my yakima box works fine....but your setup certainly looks a lot nicer. Especially if you hang some high lifts and shovels off it.

All of your options almost take away from the fact that you bought a rust colored...my bad, nara bronze, car! :)
Hahaha! That's a great reason!

You could look into the slim line racks, but they still add 3-4" in height. I agree with you, the Yakima box likely works great.

Ah, so you don't like Nara Bronze? LOL!

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roof Rack Storage Boxes

Hey Everyone,

I am wondering if someone (especially CaptainSpalding) has a link for a good source for something like this:

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-192-roof-rack-aluminum-lockbox.aspx

I am looking for a box like tuffy makes to mount to my roof rack. I will also consider options that I ratched strap up there when needed. I have seen these boxes before, but can't seem to find them?

Thanks!

-David

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! That's a great reason!

You could look into the slim line racks, but they still add 3-4" in height. I agree with you, the Yakima box likely works great.

Ah, so you don't like Nara Bronze? LOL!

-David
Actually I think Nara looks great!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I think Nara looks great!
It's a great color with the black accessories. Sometimes I go back and forth with liking black or white. The Nara Bronze is pretty unique. I like most of the colors, well, except for the Rimini Red. No offense to anyone with that color!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90