compressed air storage tank location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mark D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is a good location on my Discovery 2 for an air storage tank for my compressor. I wanted to mount a tank out of site ether under the frame or ???. I am installing the compressor in one of the storage compartments which fits nicely. Where is there space to install a 3 gallon tank? Any ideas???

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have no room under the truck to mount a 3 gallon tank, not if you like to wheel a lot.
Why not buy a CO2 set up which can handle your tires and everybody elses as well as power tools.

mark D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I don't know what I was thinking (Drr). Trail service for myself and others was exactly what I was looking for. If I remove the storage bin cover and install a hold down for the cylinder I can R and R the bottle when I need a new charge seeing as the opening is 7" it would fit nicely. I could put it all back together so it looks stock. The rest of the storage space could be used for hose and fittings. I was going for secure, rattle free easy access and nothing that could get hung up.

Thanks I will start looking at install components.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark, send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a picture of the 15 pound CO2 bottle I mounted in the cargo area. That size bottle can inflate apx 15 trucks from 18 to 40 pounds of pressure easily.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99