Count Laszlo's Stereo Settings Recommendation (non-L7)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Gang,

Now that my LR4 (non-L7) system is well-burned in, I thought I'd share my EQ and Fade settings. After many long months of variable setting/parameters, I feel that my final settings have hit a nice sweet spot in the system and work very well with most music genres. AND, you can really turn it up!

Although the L7 system is inferior, the non-L7 system is ASLO excellent IMO. But I find the standard out-of-the-box settings to be very flat, and if any of you have not made any EQ or Fade adjustments at all, then you are truly missing out on a nice sounding system.

For one, the EQ needs immediate tweaks, but fade settings unfortunately push most of the power output to the front speakers, and produces very little output to the rear speakers. If you sit in the back of your LR while the music is playing, you’ll see what your rear-passengers are missing. And, if you like bass (I love bass), and not take advantage of fade, sending more power to the rear and less up front, then you'll get a little distortion up front, especially if you're really pumping the system. With my settings, you'll get fantastic bass up and mid-range up front, and dramatic, subwoofer base, as well as mid-range in the rear.

I’m attaching pics of both my EQ settings and Fade settings. Please bear in mind though, that my settings work in conjunction of each other. They complement each other, so if you only adjust one and not the other, then you will not get the sweet spot that I’ve found.

If you consider my setting, be sure to jot down your current settings, so if you don’t like mine, you can easily get back to your original settings without too much brain-power. And, do not listen to your current settings before making these suggested settings. Just turn the system on, keep the volume way down, adjust EQ and Fade accordingly, then turn the stereo off, and give your ears a five-minute break, before giving it a shot.

CDs – Best music quality (suggested listening)
Radio – Well received reception (any genre/station)
iTune – Worse quality/highly compressed (but hey, everyone loves Starbucks on the go)

Would love to hear feedback, good and bad :)

Attachments

• FadeSettings1.jpg
    FadeSettings1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 198
  • EQ setting1.jpg
    EQ setting1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Gang,

Now that my LR4 (non-L7) system is well-burned in, I thought I'd share my EQ and Fade settings. After many long months of variable setting/parameters, I feel that my final settings have hit a nice sweet spot in the system and work very well with most music genres. AND, you can really turn it up!

Although the L7 system is inferior, the non-L7 system is ASLO excellent IMO. But I find the standard out-of-the-box settings to be very flat, and if any of you have not made any EQ or Fade adjustments at all, then you are truly missing out on a nice sounding system.

For one, the EQ needs immediate tweaks, but fade settings unfortunately push most of the power output to the front speakers, and produces very little output to the rear speakers. If you sit in the back of your LR while the music is playing, you’ll see what your rear-passengers are missing. And, if you like bass (I love bass), and not take advantage of fade, sending more power to the rear and less up front, then you'll get a little distortion up front, especially if you're really pumping the system. With my settings, you'll get fantastic bass up and mid-range up front, and dramatic, subwoofer base, as well as mid-range in the rear.

I’m attaching pics of both my EQ settings and Fade settings. Please bear in mind though, that my settings work in conjunction of each other. They complement each other, so if you only adjust one and not the other, then you will not get the sweet spot that I’ve found.

If you consider my setting, be sure to jot down your current settings, so if you don’t like mine, you can easily get back to your original settings without too much brain-power. And, do not listen to your current settings before making these suggested settings. Just turn the system on, keep the volume way down, adjust EQ and Fade accordingly, then turn the stereo off, and give your ears a five-minute break, before giving it a shot.

iTune – Worse quality/highly compressed (but hey, everyone loves Starbucks on the go)

Just took a picture of your screen shot settings with my phone and plan to try out your settings the next time I am in my car! Thanks for posting this Count!

timbersolve

Reaction score
These are the exact same settings I have made for the audio on my new LR4, and I agree they are good for just about any music genres.

Now, if I could only use the Automatic Volume Control (AVC). Is this another feature that has been deleted from the 2011 model? I have the Lux Pkg and the owner's manual references how to set the AVC, but there is no AVC selection on the screen. :confused:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the exact same settings I have made for the audio on my new LR4, and I agree they are good for just about any music genres.

Now, if I could only use the Automatic Volume Control (AVC). Is this another feature that has been deleted from the 2011 model? I have the Lux Pkg and the owner's manual references how to set the AVC, but there is no AVC selection on the screen. :confused:

LOL! That's great... these settings work well.

AVC, I haven't inquired about that but will check now. Hmmm...

erdoc38

Reaction score
To get to the AVC control, press and hold the tone control (music sign) button. Should pop up with a few other settings as well.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Gang,

Thanks, Count!

I have no idea about these settings, so this was very useful!!!

I'm going to change my settings today!

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. I will try these out today. I think maybe a trip to a winery with the lady and puppy dog is in order. Will let you know thoughts on new audio settings.