Crank/no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhgrn3

Reaction score
Has anybody experienced a crank/no start problem after an extended repair with the battery out. I replaced the timing chains (alignment is good), water pump, crossover tube with new injector seals and some other miscellaneous parts. It was over a 4 week period because of parts availability and the battery was out of the vehicle for that time. It was not even attempting to start at first, now I am getting some attempt. I have read posts about all kinds of electrical issues when a battery is disconnected. Any thoughts?

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was not even attempting to start at first, now I am getting some attempt.
More info needed. When you first tried you say it was not even attempting - so, no clicking, no dash lights, nothing? Now what are you getting...dash lights and turning over, or just clicking or what? And what did you do to go from nothing to something?

Also, any codes showing?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Did you do the timing chains yourself?

I thought I did the timing was done correctly too, but it was off. I seriously ripped it apart 3x-4x. It's btdc vs tdc to set timing. I also checked compression and mine were all above 195 psi. It just cranks, but doesn't turn over. Here's my thread.

Post in thread 'Diy timing chain' https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/diy-timing-chain.31050/post-193224

Jhgrn3

Reaction score
Cranking fine just no fire. Now seems to be attempting to start but still not. No codes. Did the chains and double checked with the cam locks and the crank sensor pin.

Jhgrn3

Reaction score
Found the problem. The connection for the pigtail on the r/s fuel rail pressure sensor wasn’t seated properly. Took it apart, cleaned and reconnected. Starts fine now. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV