D2 Wiper Arm Solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks ... I have had a problem with the wipers on my 03 Disco and have found a solution to the streaks and poor cleaning. The D1 wiper arms fit the D2 with no issues. The spring is much stronger and you can use blades from any source.

I ordered two D1 wiper arms DKB102710 and a set of 18" Reflex wiper blades (these from the local parts store). I believe you can go as long as 20" with any blades out there. The blades fit nicely and works great.

To replace yours you will need two wiper arms DKB102710, two wiper blades of your choice, a small flat blade screwdriver and a 13 mm socket with short extension.

1. Pry the caps off the wiper arm that covers the nut. Set the cap aside.

2. With the 13 mm socket remove the nut and set aside. Fold the wiper arm to the upright position and gently wiggle the arm off the bolt.

3. Attach the new wiperblade to the new arm and it on the windshield and bolt close to the existing park position. Tighten the bolt but not too tight.

4. Cycle the wipers with washers a few times and note the sweep pattern. If it is off, loosen the nut and re-position and cycle again. If you are satisfied then tighten the nut down, but not too tight (don't have the toeque spec).

5. Take the cap from step one and place it over the nut. You will have to tap it gently in place.

6. Repeat above steps on the other side.

This will take you about 10 minutes to do both sides ... longer if adult beverage is to be consumed. Now when you need new blades you can go to the local autoparts supplier and get the ones you want.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635