Dealer Handling of TSBs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

di_LR3_co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what type of experiences people have been having re: TSBs. I had to experience the transmission issue in order to convince my dealer to apply the software upgrade.. Wondering if anyone has a dealer proactively applying TSBs or if I, as the consumer, need to keep on top of these and ask the dealer to do them...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some changes/fix are automatically flagged (mandatory)... when they pull up your vehicle in the computer, they really have no choice. Some fixes are optional, since it doesn't impact everyone. Those are addressed when you experience the problem and tell them. (The general rule... "if it's not broken, don't fix it.")

Since the dealer gets paid by Land Rover for repairs, it's a safe bet most won't blow you off if you report you are experiencing an issue and they find an official solution.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny story tied to this.

At my last appointment I shared two TSBs associated with specific problems, to help them troubleshoot, and my service rep looked at me like I was an idiot. "Those aren't flagged, they aren't related to your car." Also gave me grief (eye rolling, etc) over my list of other issues. Cherry on top, they gave me a piece of junk $10k Chevy rental as the service loaner.

Needless to say, I was extremely ticked. :mad:

Move forward 8 hours, service calls to confirm every problem I identified and to tell me they have ordered all new parts. Became my buddy... how nice for them to bill LRNA.

Problems were solved but not the way one would expect. Some service reps know less about the car than us, but they know how to bring in $s for the dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99