Dealer installed DVD Shortage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bartbrown2

Is anyone aware of a DVD shortage? I purchased my dealer installed DVD with the vehicle a few weeks ago. Still waiting on its (DVD) arrival. Dealer says they do not have an estimated arrival as their system states BACKORDERED only. Guess they have called LR parts with same result.

S

shergill

I was advised by local LR rep , fault in many DVD s So not available many recalled

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They exist, but there is a shortage. There was a supplier manufacturing change that caused issues with head unit audio play. Honestly, there is no real advantage getting the OEM/Rosen one. Go to a custom installer; it'll cost less and take up less space.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, when I purchased my 2004 Discovery I wanted the DVD player. To my dismay (at the time anyway), the dealers in my area had all decided to order the 2004 Discovery's without the DVD player, since they all thought it simply sucked. Granted, this was last year's LR model...

Anyway, I did get a custom install and it has been one of the best modifications I have on my LR.

S

shergill

was the dvd overhead/ head rest
how big was the screen
i was told can not place larger than 7' screen from Alpine

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My custom screen is 10.4 inches, and it fits between the front and rear sunroofs (picture attached). Just keep in mind though that this is in a 2004 Discovery - I have no idea about space limitations in the LR3.

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9