"Debadged" Hood / Bonnet...

Discussion in 'LR4' started by iconoclast, Aug 29, 2019.

1. iconoclast

iconoclast Full Access Member

Debating on swapping the lettering to Discovery or going naked with a "debadged" look on the hood to match the rear of the vehicle. Has anyone on here removed the letters from the hood? If so could you post a photo or two?

2. catman

catman Full Access Member

I'd like to see as well, my wife has some dents on the front edge of her RR hood and once we get it fixed and painted she is considering not replacing the lettering.

I've grown accustomed to the front wording, but really it's just a LR vanity plate if you ask me. lt's ridiculous how all the manufacturers stamp every special model/edition/package with decals and badges inside and out, and embossed/stitched into the headrests, and with cut-outs in shields, and pretty much everywhere. It's nauseating!

BeemerNut likes this.
  3. cperez

cperez Full Access Member

Out of curiosity I did a quick Instagram search on the tag #debadged and was a little surprised that after dozens of pages of scrolling, I didn't see any Land Rovers at all...

4. iconoclast

this the same issue i have with mb. there is badging on the grill then as if they were catering to the alzheimer's market there is another badge inches above it.

you would be surprised as to how few people remove the badges from their //AMG or ///M or /RS vehicles. people often ask why i removed them.

cperez likes this.
  5. Michael Gain

Michael Gain Active Member

I swapped all my badges to black badges and letters. I can talk you through the removal process and application, but I did not take any photos. Sorry brother.

I do have an extra set of black letters though. There was a shipping delay and the seller sent me another one. When they both arrived, seller told me to keep them. Free for me. Free for you if youre interested.

6. iconoclast

i appreciate the offer but i am familiar with the removal process... the debate is whether to leave it bare or replace with gloss black discovery lettering. if that is what you have then i may have interest.

7. Michael Gain

Michael Gain Active Member

Matte black, Land Rover.

8. BeemerNut

BeemerNut Full Access Member

9. BeemerNut

BeemerNut Full Access Member

Remove the lettering then add a bra to hide things unless she the wifey or RR needs one more than the does. Sorry couldn't resist, my wifey hits too hard if made bad remarks to her.......~~=o&o>......

10. ktm525

ktm525 Full Access Member

can you make up a different word with the lettering?