Drying Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any tips on getting the folding mirrors to stop dripping down the doors after a touchless car wash? Even tried compressed air.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's mildly annoying, isn't it? Compressed air - lots of it - aimed around the gap between glass and housing does the trick for me. Works on drying up the side vents, too.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compressed air followed by quick detailer.

Edit: fold the mirror and spray from above and the front.

Last edited:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every now and then I will use my leaf blower to blow dry the bulk of water off before hitting it with the synthetic chamois. I have found that it's easy to safely blow out most of the water from the mirrors this way.

I have also taken the chamois and folded up a flat corner section that I can insert under and around the mirrors to soak up the bulk of the water that's caught in there. This works pretty well. Also works for the drips that happen around the fuel tank door.

PS: Granted, this is for home washes. I would feel pretty dorky bringing my leaf blower to the touchless carwash...:eek:

Last edited:

GoLoaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compressed air followed by quick detailer.

I use a hybrid version of this approach.

Let it drip dry and come back later with the quick detailer.

I usually have to get the side vents, under the side mirrors, and then underneath the 3rd row glass at both corners. Also the rear end needs it, too. Oh well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo