DVD Playback Possible on Front Nav Screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, thanks. How do you toggle from the rear entertainment? I'm using the rear aux in for video and sound (iPhone).

Aha! That's different (I misread your question, sorry.) I believe the rear A/V AUX inputs will only play through the headphones. DVDs can be played back over the sound system. I'll double check, though.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NASdiesel, sorry for being a little thick as I don't own an Iphone, but how do you hook it up to playback video on the RSES? Do you use the rear AUX USB or the analog stereo / composite video input (through an adapter)? Either way, since both rear AUX inputs are apparently for headphone use only, I guess you could connect your iPhone for video the way you do it now, and then use the 3.5mm AUX input (with a patch male cable between that input and the headphone out on the iPhone) to playback the audio portion through the car speakers.

Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks umbertob, I use a cable that has the 3 matching connections for the RCA inputs to the rear Aux. Haven't tried the USB cable yet. Will have to.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so if I understand you correctly you use something like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/22952962?...43011636&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=51536841636&veh=sem

In that case, buy one of these adapters:

1307197318_500x500_sa.jpg

Plug the adapter into the female 3.5mm AUX port just to the right of the 3 RCA inputs, and connect the L/R male RCA audio cables coming from the iPhone to it. Set your head unit to "My Music - AUX" input and you should have video routed to the rear monitors for your kids, and audio playing through the car's speakers.

Last edited:

gmag24

Reaction score
Can anyone provide a link that shows how I can get my 2013 to enter diagnostic mode and tweak the correct setting? Sorry guys, not a techie type at all and would really love this option for my kids, if available/doable. Layman's instructions preferred ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99