early built 05 - should I be worried?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

roverdawg

Shod,
I've had multiple issues with my LR3. Just scheduled my next appointment for the following issues (below). Despite, the problems I've had with my particular vehicle, I would buy an LR3 again in an instant. Great vehicle. I've also had great service from my dealer (WA state), but I may have a lemon beyond their abilities to fix, another visit or two and the Lemon Law kicks in and I'll pursue that aggressively. That being said, you should definitely buy one as I feel I just got stuck with a bad one.

1. Low coolant warning message
2. Hood release inoperable
3. Multiple suspension faults (compressor already replaced)
4. Front passenger side speaker rattle
5. Hesitation/loss of power on acceleration from a stop. (fuel tank already replaced).

Last edited by a moderator:
S

shod

Well, I did it. Picked it up today. 05 V8 SE with nav/cold/lighting... drove it 2 hours home and so far so good. Gas milage is no worse then my FX45 but its so much bigger - completely different animal. wish me luck...

S

shod

Forgot: I need PDC or a back up cam. Has anyone gotten either installed?

thanks

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shod, (rear) PDC is a factory option for your SE and is not a "dealer install." If you have a willing service department and plenty of disposable cash for labor, you might be able to order the parts and get it installed & working... but it'll be "unsupported" from LR's point of view.

Backup camera isn't offered... (I haven't yet figured out how to hack the system to behave like Range Rover, which does have the option.) You can try a custom shop for now. Nav-TV supposedly is working on something, too.

T

Tomasz

shod said:
Well, I did it. Picked it up today. 05 V8 SE with nav/cold/lighting... drove it 2 hours home and so far so good. ...
CONGRATULATIONS!

How much are you paying? I picked mine up today.

S

shod

I got mine for mid 5's on a 30 month lease. it was an 05 leftover and possibly a loaner but it had 40 miles when i picked it up do i dont care either way... a comprable 06 was mid/high 6's

I'm heading out to scout custom shops today. the dealer said they can install PDC but he is also 2 hours away... i will check locally first.

Small peev - no auto down passenger side window on a luxury class suv? what a pain!

R

roverdawg

roverdawg said:
Shod,
I've had multiple issues with my LR3. Just scheduled my next appointment for the following issues (below). Despite, the problems I've had with my particular vehicle, I would buy an LR3 again in an instant. Great vehicle. I've also had great service from my dealer (WA state), but I may have a lemon beyond their abilities to fix, another visit or two and the Lemon Law kicks in and I'll pursue that aggressively. That being said, you should definitely buy one as I feel I just got stuck with a bad one.

1. Low coolant warning message
2. Hood release inoperable
3. Multiple suspension faults (compressor already replaced)
4. Front passenger side speaker rattle
5. Hesitation/loss of power on acceleration from a stop. (fuel tank already replaced).

UPDATE: Took the LR3 in on Wednesday AM for the above. Told will be ready Friday afternoon to pick-up. No call from service as of Friday 5pm. Called and talked to service told "tech thinks maybe tuesday afternoon".. Stuck in the beater loaner car 'til then. Sure makes me miss the LR3. Hope they fix it this time as it's lemon-eligible now.

S

shod

more peevs: no memory seats?

also, how the hell do you make the system not repeat your voice command... i need to put it in the just-do-it mode...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shod, memory seats/mirrors exist on HSE in North America. There has to be some difference between the trims...

Sorry, no "just do it" mode. Most people want to hear what it thinks you said. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

shod

Well, ok there has to be some difference, better sound, more std options but i think memory seats should be std. it would make more sense for the voice recognition to be an HSE only item but a simple thing like mem seats? bad move and kind of a cheap shot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72