early built 05 - should I be worried?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

shod

Found a great deal on an 05 LR3 V8 SE5. Its being leased to be for under invoice for 30 months. its got all the options I want in the color combo I was looking for BUT its and early build date and got to the dealership in FEB 05 ...

The gas tank was replaced in november. its got 45 miles on the odometer.

Should I be worried about it being an early 05 and spending a year in a lot ?

Thanks

S.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early build? Not even close. I purchased my '05 HSE in December of 2004 and have had no major issues.

The only thing you should be worried about is that it's a Land Rover in general. ;) If you like the deal, go for it.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems a little odd it's been sitting on the lot that long. I had serious issues with the tires on my vehicle, and having sat that long, you may find the same. Take it for a long test spin on the highway (65mph +) and listen/feel for wobbles or vibration. Also, make sure they've fixed the A-pillar leak issue already (ask for the documentation). Mine leaked.

Since the tires have been replaced and the A-Pillar fixed, I haven't had any mechanical issues. The vehicle has 11K on it. Purchased in April. HSE7.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased ours (first one they sold) Nov 05. No issues.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The only thing you should be worried about is that it's a Land Rover in general. ;)"

grommet ; you're making me nervous. So far so good with my "used w/6k" 05 LR3HSE7 (build 04 05), but in reading some of the posts here and winks/comments about "its a Land Rover" I can't help but wonder if I should have kept my 01 GMC Yukon!!! Say it isn't so!!! I have been very impressed in all respects so far, but now am concerned that I've purchased a another "Money Pit" (at least after the warranty runs out)

Cheers
John in NE Ohio with no place to off road :-(

D

daytomann

You can always sell/trade it when the warranty runs out...LOL

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't recieved any information in the mail on the A-pillar recall. As luck would have it, I was on the way to the dealership for 7500 mile service when I felt a drip on my leg (it was pouring out). They said it's a defect in all 05 models, but didn't use the phrase recall.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a "recall"... which is generally a safety issue. My 2005 doesn't have an A-Piller leak, and it hasn't been "fixed." But it is a problem that has been seen and documented on the LR3. If I experience it, I'll take it in for service.

C

Cat

Shod, I purchased my '05 LR3 in October of '04 & have 15k miles to date...Problems I have incurred are the leaking from drain tubes at sunroof not being connected properly(took 2 trips to dealer to repair) & just recently when I had a flat, the spare tire holder/carrier cable mechanism stripped when lowering/raising spare...replacement part is presently on order(have waited 6 working days at this date). I also had fuel tank replaced per recall. Other than that I have had no other problems & am very pleased with the performance & reliablilty of vehicle to this point. I drive daily, have taken several weekend road trips and have had it offroad during hunting excursions a half a dozen or so times. My vehicle has performed well in all situations...I am personally satisfied with my decision to purchase this vehicle...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72