Exhaust Modifications (Muffler Replacement or Straight Pipes)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kaaae, I heard about that! Crazy story. Glad he seemed to have everything taken care of by Saturday.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it stopped the ride for an hour or so while some of the guys replaced the hose clamps with tie wraps and fixed the back springs.

augusteram

Reaction score
Straight Piped 2010 LR4 HSE

Went to a local muffler shop the other day and removed both resonators and the large muffler. Sounds like a true V8. Will try to get a video posted on here.

Bama4door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think a resonator delete on the new scV6 would sound too good, but that's just my opinion.

I recently did the delete on my '10 v8 and love it so far. Not very noticeable unless you get on it and no drone is the best part.

Papa

Reaction score
I was under the impression the large unit downstream of the muffler was a resonator? Which is which?

Christianmotox

Reaction score
I was under the impression the large unit downstream of the muffler was a resonator? Which is which?

Not sure which one is the resonator, but the one in the middle is the one you want to remove.
I just did mine and i love the sound.

Best 80 bucs spent on this LR4

Bama4door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The resonator is the big unit right after the muffler you want to remove. Like Christian said, it really makes the LR4 sound awesome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72