Factory amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My D1's rear door speakers don't work. So I pulled the speakers out and noticed that the factory speaker harness is there but not attached to the speakers themselves and there's nothing to connect it to. I'm guessing that there was a factory amp back there?

Regardless, the stereo is definately missing some bass so my first mod is probably going to be updating the stereo system. I've already got an hu in mind but what should I look for to replace the amp? I want to get a decent amp in the back and feed it to those two speakers but not sure if I should get an aftermarket or just stick with stock? How does your guys' factory speakers sound? Would it be worth upgrading? Not looking for a monstrous sound system, just something decent.

TIA,
Mike

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the rear door there are normally 2 speakers with a factory amp attached between the two. In my opinion, the bass provided by those two mini woofers isn't too bad (it does distort when the music's cranked), but I'll be adding some real bass in the future to my D1. The rest of the system sounds pretty decent to me, so I won't be touching it unless I blow something...which is possible. I like my music really loud sometimes...

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you plan on adding for 'real bass' Jeff?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99