Fire Extinguisher Mounted in an LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have mine mounted, I keep a small one in the side storage boxes in the back.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but I'd like to do this too. There is an Land Rover safety kit sold ROW with a fire extinguisher and I'd to get it. Not sure if it requires mounting though.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a "must have" accessory, especially if you go wheeling, like a first-aid kit. I have a RRS so not 100% sure the front seats match the LR4s., but I mounted mine with its bracket on the removable front plate under the front passenger seat... The plate is sturdy enough to mount the bracket on and support the weight of the bottle without rattles, and I can reach and release the extinguisher with one hand from the driver's seat in case of an emergency. Somehow, I feel better having it at arm's length when I am driving, rather than back in the trunk, you never know... :stickyman It doesn't get in the way of the front passengers legs (e.g. wife) when they are sitting there.

exting-1.jpg

exting-2.jpg

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! It looks good there. I may mount it in a similar fashion on the drivers side. Less people will see it and ask questions about it if it is under my legs rather than under thiers.

Rob

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99