Front of the engine oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

I dropped my mechatronic for the seals and bridge, and then followed the fill procedure to the letter. I still only got a bit less than 7 quarts in it.

Maybe the mech doesn't empty without pulling the solenoids.

Just another data point to consider.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm
Interesting.

I dropped my mechatronic for the seals and bridge, and then followed the fill procedure to the letter. I still only got a bit less than 7 quarts in it.

Hmmm. Could be. In the videos I've seen online when people have pulled the mech, looks like just a few more drops in there and not a lot of fluid.

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry should have done a little more digging before posting. That part is the vacuum pump. I’m pretty sure that’s the cause of the leak, has anyone ever replaced one before? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Before you change that vacuum pump, tighten the bolts a little bit and clean around it with brake cleaner. After driving for a few days check to see if the leak has stopped. i have had plenty of success over the years by just slightly tightening parts that are leaking.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you change that vacuum pump, tighten the bolts a little bit and clean around it with brake cleaner. After driving for a few days check to see if the leak has stopped. i have had plenty of success over the years by just slightly tightening parts that are leaking.

Agreed, my dealership is a big fan of tightening stuff to fix leaks.. My transmission cooler lines aren't leaking after the LR tech gave them a good twist.. Torque specs?! We don't need no stinkin' torque specs!:biggrin:

RyanJL- You getting ready to drop the pan?

Mike

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting.

Very interesting indeed. 6hp28 transmission? Mine def took 9...

Without mechatronic pull (when I did the first drain and fill) it took 6.5.

Not a ton of fluid in the mechatronic when I pulled solenoids.

I will say I let my transmission drip for a couple days as I waited for parts...so maybe that’s the difference? It did literally drip for days and was still dripping as I put the mechatronic back in

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good stuff to know- I didn't let mine drip for an hour and got 6ish.. Next time I'll drain on Friday and fill on Sunday- 9 is a solid fluid swap..

Mike

Krill

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah good idea, I’ll give it a try. After watching a video on the timing chain guid replacement, from what I could tell you need to drain the oil when you remove vaccine pump

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance a forum admin could cleave off the ATF posts into a separate thread? I'm interested in both topics but they don't belong in the same thread.

o_O

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, what do you FK-ing know. Look what I discovered when trying to trouble shoot my steering issue. I must have jinxed myself looking at this thread. On another note IE steering issue the prob appears to be the steering shaft because half a can of WD-40 has fixed the notchy issue temporarily:
*** LR.jpg

LR steering.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut