Funny fuel gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that my fuel gauge behaviors strange...And today I got the chance to take some pics..

The truck is in idle....you can look at the time..

akmjpn

Anybody has the same issue with me ???

Last edited:

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that the distance to empty varies based on recent driving trips. For example, if i've been driving mostly city, averaging (based on the computer) about 17/18 mpg, then when I fill up, it will say about mid/high 300's dist. to empty. But if I've been driving mostly highway, with the computer saying average 20/21 mpg, then when I fill up it will be in the low 400's dist. to empty. But that may not be as extreme as what you are seeing.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

This is a known issue and I just had to bring it into the LR dealership. It's a Service Bulletin so you will get it covered under warranty. Please see the previous thread about the fuel indicator that I posted. Let me know if you have questions... Mine did the SAME THING!

Good luck!

-David

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

This is a known issue and I just had to bring it into the LR dealership. It's a Service Bulletin so you will get it covered under warranty. Please see the previous thread about the fuel indicator that I posted. Let me know if you have questions... Mine did the SAME THING!

Good luck!

-David

Thank you... seems another trip to the dealership~~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM