Heated from Windshield and tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brandon, do you have the front defroster?

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heated windshield? Yes I do, but living in Florida, I've never used it.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I use mine every morning. Nothing gets rid of the morning dew than one swipe of the wipers and the front defrost.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been down the road of tints on everything, but the cops here are way to strict. I got a pulled over for tints and handed 1 for every window in my old discovery.

Ive decided to just go with matching the front 2 windows with the rear and have been contemplating this heat tint since it is completely clear.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use a similar product on our yachts (V-Kool) and it works very well, and if installed correctly it is totally transparent with no distortion or tint. Just make sure it's a good installer who will re-do if needed as distortion at night woudl not be good.

I've been pulled over in some of my vehicles herein Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) and had the tint "metered" by the police and fined if it was over the legal 30% tint for front side windows....PITA.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rovernut - yup... Add that along with the actual reason for pulling me over and i was looking at some hefty charges =( live and learn i guess.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason car tint is an indicator of a major crime spree in the works....

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't had a problem yet with my limo tint in Tampa... A lot of cars/trucks around here running limo. I'm sure the day will come eventually though....

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
my daughter has skin cancer and I put UV tint on all windows/sunroofs (LR3), except they wouldn't put clear tint on the front windshield. The guy didn't want to be liable for an accident if there was glare, somehow. I've always tinted the driver and passenger windows here in Cali, never got a ticket for them, even when pulled over for other reasons...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112