How to: Supercharger Removal, Rear Crossover, and Passenger Valve Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brings back fond memories. I’ve always just used pliers on hose clamps, but bought one of those special weird hose clamps with the long spring reach half way through this job. made life much easier.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@greiswig All good points! Everything you've done to this point is the bulk of the work; the actual pipes are easy to replace. It almost feels like a let down that all that work has to be done for a few screws on the pipes.

Not sure how it will hold up, but I put brake caliper grease on the dowel pins to prevent seizure next time. Figured if it would hold up to brake temps, it would work in engine valley.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good but relatively inexpensive tool to pressure-test the coolant system? I'm not sure whether what Harbor Fright sells will fit the LR4.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, assenmacher FZ32A is the correct pressure adapter for our 2015 LR4. Ask me how I know. 3rd try and Amazon Prime are a charm. Evidently some LR’s use the FZ 35 which has an extension for blocking off a return channel.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Brings back fond memories. I’ve always just used pliers on hose clamps, but bought one of those special weird hose clamps with the long spring reach half way through this job. made life much easier.

I am exhausted from using pliers and vice grips, but can't seem to find a decent specialty tool. Can you specify a reasonably good tool?

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the same kind I use. Different brand. I bought mine at an O’Reilly’s when I had things apart and was way past sick of using a pliers. Made a huge difference.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Ending my day "reading" the mechanics manual, still plenty more to study - really not looking forward to this, but it must be done....

Question for today - having done this on the 2013 a few months ago, and not having done it this way (!), I now very clearly understand the benefits of disconnecting the throttle body coolant line at the throttle body (rather than leaving it attached) - BUT, I am not familiar with that "clamp". It's a dumb question, but how, exactly, does that clamp work? Any special tools, or just need to understand how it works?

(It's sitting there front and center on pg 1, 1st post, last photo.)

Thanks!

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, yes - I think it’s called an oetiker clamp. I just studied it a bit and got it off without much problem - can’t remember how exactly right now - pried a tab up I think, maybe while compressing it a bit. Basically, I think it has some hooks on one side and holes on the other that grab the hooks. I even managed to reuse it on reassembly, though I’m not sure you are supposed to remove those type of clamps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick