LED Signature Lighting Bulb Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know some people on the forum have done this in the past, but I'd like more information on how to change the stock LED lights to something more "white" and brighter. What size LED bulb do you use? What's a good source? Is the bulb change difficult?

Thanks!

-David

dtreidjr

Reaction score
I might mess with this tonight after the kiddos go to bed. I just got my LR4 2 weeks ago and yesterday I popped off the grill and took out the drivers side housing to look inside and see. There is a bracket with 4 screws holding it onto the housing that covers some of the big plastic plugs to change lights. I'll see how many screws I have to take out to completely take the housing apart to get to the LED's and check back. I can't imagine it taking more than 10 minutes as getting to the low beams takes about 2 minutes.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might mess with this tonight after the kiddos go to bed. I just got my LR4 2 weeks ago and yesterday I popped off the grill and took out the drivers side housing to look inside and see. There is a bracket with 4 screws holding it onto the housing that covers some of the big plastic plugs to change lights. I'll see how many screws I have to take out to completely take the housing apart to get to the LED's and check back. I can't imagine it taking more than 10 minutes as getting to the low beams takes about 2 minutes.
Hey dtreidjr,

Awesome - let me know how it goes. I love the LED signature lighting, but it's a bit dull. It would be great to get some white LED lights that have more light output (if possible).

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be watching this too. Not a bad Idea.
I wish I could remember who did the upgrade on the list - I will have to look back and find it. I'd love to find individual LED bulbs similar to that used by Audi for their signature lighting.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking too. I love that look. A brighter light especially for daytime and dusk looks amazing.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Audi LEDs are super bright. Also the LED DRLs on the RR Evoque are SUPER bright. Saw one yesterday and they are even brighter than the Audi.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Audi LEDs are super bright. Also the LED DRLs on the RR Evoque are SUPER bright. Saw one yesterday and they are even brighter than the Audi.
I think someone on the list changed out his LEDs to a bright white bulb and it had a very similar look. This is my next project - once I figure out how to do it and which bulbs to choose. LOL!

Are you buying your wife an Evoque? They seem to selling like hot cakes - the ladies love them! I have seen a couple on the road and they definitely have a unique presence.

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think someone on the list changed out his LEDs to a bright white bulb and it had a very similar look. This is my next project - once I figure out how to do it and which bulbs to choose. LOL!

Are you buying your wife an Evoque? They seem to selling like hot cakes - the ladies love them! I have seen a couple on the road and they definitely have a unique presence.

-David

I just got my wife the 2011 LUX!!!! remember? the evoque is too small for us. When the lease on the van is up, i'll get her the GL450.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my wife the 2011 LUX!!!! remember? the evoque is too small for us. When the lease on the van is up, i'll get her the GL450.
Hi baobay,

Oh yes - I remember, but I thought maybe that was actually for YOU. I knew you had a van, but I thought the wife drove that most of the time. Hehe!

Are you going with the Bluetec version of the GL? My gals want a G500. I've always loved the G wagons, but a bit pricey considering we are trying to buy a small ranch in UT.

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4