Lower control arm replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I wrong in thinking that the LR3 bushings were never fluid-filled, but that it was an LR4 thing?

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following on. Replaced sway bar bushings thus morning. And the sway bar links. Got a kit on eBay. Delphi stuff. Works fine now. That was the clunking. Cheap and fast install.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you torque up the nuts for the drop links. And come back to check after a few spirited drives. Mine worked lose in the right hand side.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the sway bar end links are LR part number LR014145, ~$54 MSRP each, $47 from discount dealers like LR Tampa.

Aftermarket Lemforder links made in Turkey are $30-$35 from FCP Euro:

The OE/dealer locknuts are p/n FX112056, about $1 each, 4 required:

It appears the Genuine LR end link may be made in Turkey as well, the Lemforder aftermarket may be identical... probably not worth paying more for OE in this case. And the Lemforder includes new locknuts.

Microcat screenshot:

1630201905822.png
1630201984513.png
1630202081290.png

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best replacements I’ve found are from AF in the UK. They sell an uprated lower arm that comes with a 4 year warranty. I’ve put them in my D3 and D4 and confirm they last 3x longer than stock OEM LR.

cannondale900

Reaction score
Lemforder is OE on many makes, including BMW. I've used Lemforder on various BMWs from 90s through current and had zero problems. In fact, Lemforder is usually identical to BMW but has the roundel ground off.

Meyle has been hit or miss in BMW applications; however it looks like jjvd21 has had some luck with the LR application.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meyle has been hit or miss in BMW applications; however it looks like jjvd21 has had some luck with the LR application.
In Mercedes applications, Meyle is a complete waste of money with the only exception being their "HD" line. The same likely applies across all marques.

I greatly dislike (and distrust) companies who have "Germany" in their name or logo, i.e. "Meyle Germany". This fools people into thinking their parts are made in Germany, when they are not. Febi Germany does the same thing, along with another couple of disreputable mfr's/reboxers.

Meyle's own website implies nothing they sell is actually manufactured in Germany, but they have some plants in Turkey, and some of their items are made in Taiwan & China. Poke around Google and you'll mostly find negative reports on Meyle, again with the exception of their "HD" line.

1630422290895.png
1630422511879.png

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lemforder is OE on many makes, including BMW. I've used Lemforder on various BMWs from 90s through current and had zero problems. In fact, Lemforder is usually identical to BMW but has the roundel ground off.

From Advanced Factors, it looks like there is no Meyle HD equivalent for the upper A-arms. But they do seem to have some Lemforder units. Anyone know if there is a better source for the upper A-arms? I'm guessing the larger tires I'm using are putting a strain on the stock ones with 50k on them.