Lower control arm replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like it’s my turn to switch out my ‘15 Front lowers. From reading multiple threads I’m getting:

-Stay away from the Lucky8 kit because of low/none grease

-Lemforder will get me OE….maybe thats Good or bad

-Also consider the Meyle HD as it’s said to be better design and just rubber no fluid/grease

Anyone else have thoughts? I’m leaning towards Lemforder but those Meyle HD’s really intrigue me. I see people complain about the ride with some of the non OE replacement arms and would rather not got that route.

Any of you that went with the Meyle HD’s can you tell us how the ride is compared to the OE’s? Thanks

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had poly done when we got ours, and do wish I'd stuck with rubber, some road impacts sounds and feel harsher than I'd like. But they're functional so they stay for now.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have new Lemforder sitting around waiting for me to install them.

I tried replacing the sway bar end links to cure the intermittent "clunk" noise up front, but there was zero change. The old ones had no detectable play. Figured it was a long shot but worth a try before the unpleasant LCA swap that also requires alignment.

:rolleyes:

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have new Lemforder sitting around waiting for me to install them.

I tried replacing the sway bar end links to cure the intermittent "clunk" noise up front, but there was zero change. The old ones had no detectable play. Figured it was a long shot but worth a try before the unpleasant LCA swap that also requires alignment.

:rolleyes:
Check the upper control arms as well

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. Is there an easy (or, definite) test, or am I just looking for obvious play / wear?
Obvious. Mine were gone at 90k. Slight rattle in steering wheel over bumps at speed. Felt disconnected.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obvious. Mine were gone at 90k. Slight rattle in steering wheel over bumps at speed. Felt disconnected.
OK. I've got 130k and it drives fine at all speeds. The clunk is intermittent and only noticeable at low speeds with fairly significant suspension movement, usually turning in/out of a parking lot across a dip for drainage. Been like that since we bought it with ~110k.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. I've got 130k and it drives fine at all speeds. The clunk is intermittent and only noticeable at low speeds with fairly significant suspension movement, usually turning in/out of a parking lot across a dip for drainage. Been like that since we bought it with ~110k.

Thats the LCAs.

My truck drove really bad the last couple weeks before I did it, and made noise on everything. Front end wobble under braking, too.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the front upper control arms an easier DIY job than the lowers?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA