LR 4 Retired

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue is that many of us paid $60K up front to buy a new LR4 and now we're spending at least $5K per year on repairs and maintenance. If you picked up a used LR4 for $20K then those additional repair payments don't seem so bad.

Also, I use my LR4 for work and it's fully depreciated. It would make sense for me to get a new vehicle and take advantage of the section 179 tax breaks.

Let's also be honest and realize that those who bought it new at 60k+ can likely also afford to move on when their vehicle "gets old." The LR4 is somewhat unique and can form a relatively strong bond that makes people put up with more stuff and keep driving it for longer. Maybe it's because (like me) there is nothing else out there than can replace it. But eventually patience can run out.

Last edited:

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't fault anyone for jumping ship, especially if they are not a wrench turner, but at some point i along the way I just decided I was all in with this one.

The wrench turner part is especially true. Amazing how a $1200 job will turn into $80 and a few beers while jamming out in the garage.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And in regards to the LC...I'm not saying I need a fancy interior. I just don't want the same interior as a Camry or tundra. Plastic fantastics.

MST

Reaction score
I am in The same boat. Had 2 LR3's and currently a '12 LR4 hse lux daily driver with 115k miles that I love. It has everything I need but same issues with maintenance, etc. I would just get a D5 if I didn't hate it. So I have been struggling with what to get next. If I could find a nice '16 it may be an option or a LC that won't break the bank. Not sure the new Defender will fit my needs.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And in regards to the LC...I'm not saying I need a fancy interior. I just don't want the same interior as a Camry or tundra. Plastic fantastics.

The latest gen of the LC is not "plastic fantastic"

Capture15.PNG

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the enormous silver door handles and center console trim real metal? That ugly silver center trim sure looks plastic. Never been a fan of A-pillar grab handles either.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door handles are metal for sure, the rest is probably plastic. As owners of LR3/4's we should not be casting the plastic stone. There is plenty of plastic in the Rovers even in places where it has no place in being (looking at you crossover pipes). If you want to get real fancy in the interior then the Lexus LX570 fits the bill. Unfortunately you would have to deal with the ugly lower valances.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door handles are metal for sure, the rest is probably plastic. As owners of LR3/4's we should not be casting the plastic stone. There is plenty of plastic in the Rovers even in places where it has no place in being (looking at you crossover pipes). If you want to get real fancy in the interior then the Lexus LX570 fits the bill. Unfortunately you would have to deal with the ugly lower valances.
This shouldn't be compared to the LR3/LR4. It's bigger, more expensive. It's Toyota's flagship SUV.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Canadian pricing must be different than in the USA.My 2010 LR4 (Lux, vision assist package) MSRP was $84k out the door (Canadian). A 2010 Lexus LX was $89k. Landcruisers outside of commercial applications have not been sold in Canada for 20 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi