LR 4 Retired

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was probably a bit too harsh on the Disco in my last couple of responses, likely because we’ve been having so much trouble with it I’m becoming a grouch. :) I do agree with you in many ways, it is a nicely appointed vehicle inside, even with the plastics, I like the interior - but we’ve had a lot of creaking and squeaking issues, then again I think that’s not uncommon with Land Rovers. My LR4 wasn’t bad, but it had some of it. I’ve had every model in Land Rover’s line up and the LR4 is my favorite, but I also do like the full-sized Range Rover.

Did you notice a weird lag when you accelerate, almost like it takes a moment for the supercharger to kick in? We’ve had this lag problem for a while and several folks have said it’s a computer software issue that they are working on to find a fix. Aside from that, it does drive really nice. I just hope we can keep it out of the shop for more than a month - it’s been a lot of mechanical and electrical problems. We were close to having them lemon law it.

I did actually notice the lag especially when your on a 1 lane with a passing lane and your trying to time it so you can pass without hitting on coming traffic it almost feels like the transmission doesn’t shift foe a quick min. It was weird and i did also read a bit about the issue but never thought anything of it. Also there were some dumb electronic and mechanical faults with the suspension gearbox and oddly a leaking windshield but a couple trips to the dealer and they were all fixed. The creaks i thought were only on my parents D5 but i guess its a common issue. My dad said the next dealer visit hell show them the rattles and try to have them do something about it.

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I’m going to have to ask you LC200 lovers to move along now... [emoji6] you are starting to make too many eyes wander, including mine.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I too am a secret fan of the lc200... Almost bought one. They are reliable, treat you right, won't let you down but like a homely chubby girl...I didn't actually want to be caught in one. Sticking with the hot blonde that may cheat on me... But hey, I'm addicted to beautiful things and struggles.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I too am a secret fan of the lc200... Almost bought one. They are reliable, treat you right, won't let you down but like a homely chubby girl...I didn't actually want to be caught in one. Sticking with the hot blonde that may cheat on me... But hey, I'm addicted to beautiful things and struggles.

This was the most amazing description of the struggle and absolutely correct. You hit the nail on the head. I love it!

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't blame you. My wife's next vehicle will very likely be a LC.

The D5 is a non-starter for her because of the Ford Explorer looks and the Defender is not doing it for us from the pictures.

My cantankerous ***** of an LR4 is strictly a camping/wheeling/road tripping toy for me, so she is not going anywhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM