LR 4 Retired

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only if you stop turning all our LR4 lovers into LC fans;). Just kidding, your always welcome here.

To be honest, I would actually caution a lot of LR4 guys to jumping to LC200, because they are not for everyone. However, I would argue it is one of the most natural progressions, perhaps along with a G wagon?

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I would actually caution a lot of LR4 guys to jumping to LC200, because they are not for everyone. However, I would argue it is one of the most natural progressions, perhaps along with a G wagon?
Out of curiosity, what would be the caution? I see the reliability and tank-like feeling as huge positives, as well as the relative simplicity. I do love my LR4 but I wonder what I'd miss if I moved to something like an LC200.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what would be the caution? I see the reliability and tank-like feeling as huge positives, as well as the relative simplicity. I do love my LR4 but I wonder what I'd miss if I moved to something like an LC200.

My apologies for not explaining a bit better. The LR4 is a special vehicle, it's also a Land Rover, which has a certain brand name that some people really like or prefer having as a vehicle, especially if they are going to spend upwards of over $85,000 for a new LC200. If having a "luxury" brand is important to someone, which is fine, to each their own, then they may be a little disappointed at the lack of attention they may get or just going to a "Toyota". Trust me, there is very little compromise with the LC200, it's a very luxurious vehicle, but it's not flashy or blingy. Some guys have mitigated this and got the LX, which is basically the same as the LC200, with a few Lexus luxury touches (and badges of course).

The positives you mention are absolutely the positives that drive people toward the LC200. As I mentioned above, the LC200 is expensive, though there are deals (relatively speaking) to be had on left over models if you can find them. They hold their value amazing, literally, they are so hard to find used and command a very hefty price. No vehicle is actually a good investment, but the LC200 is one of the few vehicles today that is actually an investment, meaning it will last with no problem for decades and hold its value more than most other vehicles.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's hilarious is that they sell about 30% more LX570s than they do Land Cruisers, but the Lexus depreciates a lot quicker. Within a few years, the Lexus is worth less than the Land Cruiser on the used market, and keeps falling from there.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's hilarious is that they sell about 30% more LX570s than they do Land Cruisers, but the Lexus depreciates a lot quicker. Within a few years, the Lexus is worth less than the Land Cruiser on the used market, and keeps falling from there.

It's all about the "L" badges! :-D

horns

Reaction score
LC is a great rig. My problem with stomaching the cost is the question; is it really twice the car of the 4runner? I could purchase 2 4runners sequentially over the next 16 yrs or so - versus drive 1 LC the entire time.
Similar to the LR4 vs Range Rover. Never thought the RR was twice the car.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you all can kick rocks because a Land Cruiser needs to be a 60 series. I really love that model. Beautiful vehicle.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If having a "luxury" brand is important to someone, which is fine, to each their own, then they may be a little disappointed at the lack of attention they may get or just going to a "Toyota".

I feel that for some it's more than that. Toyota, great company. I have a problem with their subpar approach to really setting the LC apart from the others. When I sat in the LC200 I just looked around and noticed a Toyota/Lexus parts bin of equipment. Things found in upgraded modeled Camrys, tundras, 4runners (dare I say Prius... Drive the new one and you'll notice) and other vehicles in the lineup. It drove nice.... Actually really nice, like a proper SUV. BUT...At that price it did nothing to echo the heritage of the 60 and prior series. Something to really set it apart. They need a full interior redesign, something that would make it a true flagship. And you know what I'm talking about....I would buy one tomorrow if they could pull that off and do more than just put a retro badge on a special edition. I know Toyota can do it...at the very least slightly update the LC70 and sell it here... That would be sweet

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM