LR4 - LCA - Longevitiy/Diagnostic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another very satisfied LCA poly bush customer here.
Just dont do the rears control arms with Poly if you offroad: some have broken the arm.

anglotron

Reaction score
I was also hesitant to fit orange LCA poly bushes to my LR3 due to all the negative comments about them, but I'm glad I gave them a shot and for $150 a complete bargain. It's obviously subjective, but I'm very happy with them. I fitted them myself by drilling out the old bushes with the LCAs still connected to the ball joint. Bit awkward, but doable in a weekend.

I think they do feel slightly different to OEM bushes, in the sense that they don't seem to dampen road surface imperfections quite as well, no doubt due to their stiffness. I-15 here in San Diego is pretty awful, however. The ride doesn't feel any less compliant, though and certainly not stiff or 'crashy', just a bit more 'feel' gets through to the steering wheel. I do have brand new shocks up front and 285/60 r18 tires, so it might feel different for folks running bigger rims. I'd give them 8/10.

IMG_2491.jpeg
IMG_2493.jpeg

anglotron

Reaction score
@anglotron did you lube them before installing? Any squeaks? I remember squealing being a big problem on the powerflex bushes in my old bmw.

No lube, apart from some dish soap to fit them. Had to whack them in with a mallet. You don't want them rotating in the arms, so using grease is a bad idea and Polybush doesn't recommend it. I've had them fitted for a couple of months now and they're completely silent.

Last edited:

mrlifter

Reaction score
Just to add my comments regarding the front lower wishbone bushes. Yes they are loaded with oil and mine were done 2 1/2 yrs ago and are expensive as the complete wishbones were changer as I was informed that you can't just replace the bushes as it closes the Y so you an't refit them. As an engineer I find that an odd statement as they were installed originally. At my last service I was advised that they will need replacing again as the replacements are made in Germany and are rubbish. So having searched for new bushes I find that Polybushes do them but there are some made in Australia that have the same ride qualities and to replace them SykePicavant do a special tool for this operation and it applies 12 ton pressure but the up side is that there is no need to remove the arm or the wheel as they can be done in situ. but of course you need a the car on a ramp. From memory the press cost's £380 but that can be cheaper in the long run. If my independant garage won't do it then I will have a go myself. Sykes
Pickavant is in England but you can search their web site andnext March whem my LR4 is serviced I will know if replacement bushes are required. If I do go down the route of purchasing the extractor then I will be selling it.

Just looked up the press and Part No is 187000V2 which is a complete set that is required.

Hope this is helpfull.

Neil

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV