LR4 Mileage Poll

How Many Miles on Your Rig?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

to8nbeyond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good on our 2013 LR4 purchased with 70k and barely 2 months in. Our 06 LR3 HSE has 172k. We decided to replace the transmission last year after debating quite a while on it. We just couldn't find anything we liked as much and figured if we replaced it, we'd be keeping it for a while. Hoping for 200+ without much reservation. I kind of feel the same on the LR4.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just crossed 30k miles. July 2013 production.

Minor issues only. Driver's seat would not move forward/back. Driver's mirror would vibrate at speed. One headlamp bulb had to be replaced. All fixed under warranty.

That's it after 4.5 years since I took delivery when new.

Other than oil and filter changes I've only had to replace all brake pads once and did a brake fluid flush. This Fall, on its 5-year anniversary I'll change a few more fluids and filters.

Hoping to keep it forever.

Last edited:

Jomcool

Reaction score
Given the lack of a suitable replacement in my opinion, I’m hoping to drive my 2014 LR4 that has 78K miles a long time.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2016 LR4. Just turned 15K today.
Only problem dragging brakes (see thread on burning smell coming thru heat vent)

Frank

jrb1

Reaction score
2012 HSE bought 12/2011 -- 90K; only serviced at Dealer -- annually: tires, front brakes, 1 head light, two windshields, & water pump at most recent annual.

Plan to run it till the wheels fall of!

May consider other options to Dealer service; though my Wife has a 2018 XE, Daughter 2018 F-Pace, & Son in Law 2011 RR Sport 90k too.

pceresia

Reaction score
About 25000 Km on my 2016 LR4 Lux SC6. Just put ~ 7K on it via a round trip from Ottawa, Canada to Key West, Florida. Sorry I came back as it hasn't stopped snowing. My surprise was fuel economy. Vehicle was getting 17 litres/100 km when new, worse than my previous 2010 V8 LR4. Then at ~ 15000 Km, fuel usage began to improve. On this trip I saw 13.0 L/100 km (21.0 mpg). Now that I'm back in the city, I'm sure that will fall off dramatically but on the upside, I can now play in the snow although I do wish I was still "wasting away in Margaritaville".

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '12 HSE I've owned from new with 75K miles. And a '06 LR3 I bought with 150K miles that is now over 180K. Judging from how the abused LR3 is holding up and ticking over the miles, I'm pretty confidant in the LR4.

bmoy100

Reaction score
2010 LR4 with 142k miles. Only scheduled maintenance until last week when the water pump blew. The truck has been awesome and looking to drive it another 100k miles. So, I am doing a full overhaul on everything my indi shop recommended, since we have to get in to replace the water pump. The big job is to replace the chain guides, as I have been getting the tell tale noises of slapping chains...

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 LUX, 69,*** on the clock and purring like a kitten.

Set of injectors, LCAs, and all fluids changed except for coolant.

This is good stuff- these are success stories help lower the anxiety. We spend our time on this forum elbows deep in problem solving, and after awhile it can make us a little too nervous.

Think about it, these are probably the golden years of our offroad vehicle ownership. We can't go back, and the future looks pretty bleak as long as that walking ascot is designing Land Rovers..

Get out there and enjoy 'em!

Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick