LR4 Mileage Poll

How Many Miles on Your Rig?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smelly fishing/cigar smoking trips

So ready for the spring season. I love that I can rig up my 9' 4-pc pack rod before I head out and it'll easily fit inside the Landy. Sitting on the drop hatch to pull on waders and boots is also a treat...or sitting there streamside to tailgate with a few cold ones and a cigar. Tight lines!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 2007 LR3. 117,000 miles. My daughter gets her license in 4 months and she is begging me to let her have this as her car. I want to keep this in the family another 30 years!!!!

I have twin daughters that start driving soon and they want my LR4. But I know a few families with LR4's and it proved to be too big and heavy for their beginner drivers. And I want them to have autonomous emergency braking and blind spot warning when they start driving. Have my eye on a VW Alltrack for them.

armozo

Reaction score
I have twin daughters that start driving soon and they want my LR4. But I know a few families with LR4's and it proved to be too big and heavy for their beginner drivers. And I want them to have autonomous emergency braking and blind spot warning when they start driving. Have my eye on a VW Alltrack for them.

Hi, have you considered Subaru and their Eyesight Tech? I bring it up because I believe their collision mitigation tech is far superior to radar-based systems. I have driven the radar-based stuff by Toyota and it didn't even come close to what Subaru has done.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, have you considered Subaru and their Eyesight Tech? I bring it up because I believe their collision mitigation tech is far superior to radar-based systems. I have driven the radar-based stuff by Toyota and it didn't even come close to what Subaru has done.

The vehicle we add to the family motor pool will be driven by me as well. I went to the Subaru dealer first because of the Eyesight and high crash test ratings. The Outback I test drove was so boring and I'm not a fan of the CVT. Then I drove an Alltrack with DSG and it was so much better. Nicer interior, better engine, handling and steering. Then again, I drove Audis for 20+ years so the VW is just more appealing to me.

eli4x4

Reaction score
2012 HSE with 49,000 on it. I bought it with 33,000 she's been my DD for the last year and a half and I smile every morning when I start my day.
Replaced front control arm bushes oil battery and upgraded to LED lights all over including headlights.
3000 k ago replaced all tiers with Coopers Zion - couldn't be happier
Best truck I ever owned, and I owned a few...

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 V8 @52k miles

-Front LCA's around the 30k mile mark (out of pocket wear and tear)
-Water Pump leak (TSB and covered under warranty)
-2 batteries (warranty)
-Front pads and rotors (out of pocket wear and tear)

This thing has been a dream. I love it and REALLY want to keep it. However, I am moving out of the Mid East and back to London this summer. The truck needs to go, as it is a left hand drive vs right hand in the UK. Not to mention, I couldn't afford the UK petrol prices on the V8 at its consumption rate.

I am very tempted to buy a 2016 TDV6 there though. I love these things that much.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i spoke to soon on the nothing done to it. 48k and the LCA bushings went. But they were covered under the factory warranty. so all will be well again when i get it back today.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three years goes by real quick. 95k miles now. Truck runs strong and I had to do LCa again, this tune went with poly bushings. Engine is super strong. Transmission smooth (after the zip kit and fluid swap). Only thing bugging me is the intermittent cruise control bug.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worthy of an update. We are at ~45k miles on our July 2013 production LR4. Knock on wood, no issues at all in the last three years, but also only 15k miles and good maintenance.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't respond to this thread when it was new. Looking at my maintenance log for my 2012, I would have been around 69,250 miles in March 2018.

Now, I'm a little over 102,000.

Just changed the oil on my wife's Volvo. It was last changed in February 2020. Looking at the maintenance log, that car has had 530 miles put on it since then. My LR4 is not so lucky.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA