LR4 Mileage Poll

How Many Miles on Your Rig?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah boston driving sucks. I lived in brookline where pedestrians would regularly March out in front of oncoming traffic (nowhere near a crosswalk) and just expect it to stop. And I honked at a middle aged woman once who totally cut me off nearly causing an accident. She became enraged and pulled up next to me and cursed at me for a whole light. She apparently didn’t like being honked at for doing something dangerous. Typical in my experience.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah boston driving sucks. I lived in brookline where pedestrians would regularly March out in front of oncoming traffic (nowhere near a crosswalk) and just expect it to stop. And I honked at a middle aged woman once who totally cut me off nearly causing an accident. She became enraged and pulled up next to me and cursed at me for a whole light. She apparently didn’t like being honked at for doing something dangerous. Typical in my experience.

I hate that so much. Drivers here do suck. Too few who drive spiritedly but respectfully. Fast drivers here are just lunatics or clueless.

But I have to say, Montreal drivers are worse.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2010 LR4 HSE LUX - 119,000 miles
Things that need to be done:
Spark plugs
Intake ports decarb
Need to diagnose a right wheel creak (present when turning left or articulating up things)

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR4 HSE lux - 149k miles

normal maintenance schedule, except OCI at 8k

"Odd" items done in last 10k miles:
water pump (preventive)
alternator (failed)
parking brake actuator (failed)
struts (not leaking, but had ride degradation)
Trans valve body (hard shift 1-2)
crossover pipes, front and rear (preventative)
fan (clicking clutch)
vacuum pump (oil leak)
oil filter gasket (oil leak)

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR4 HSE lux - 149k miles

normal maintenance schedule, except OCI at 8k

"Odd" items done in last 10k miles:
water pump (preventive)
alternator (failed)
parking brake actuator (failed)
struts (not leaking, but had ride degradation)
Trans valve body (hard shift 1-2)
crossover pipes, front and rear (preventative)
fan (clicking clutch)
vacuum pump (oil leak)
oil filter gasket (oil leak)

Sounds like you should be good for a while. Maybe LCA's could come due, but other than that, that's about all that goes wrong with it.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you should be good for a while. Maybe LCA's could come due, but other than that, that's about all that goes wrong with it.

*knocks on wood* yea, i think ive crossed off all the boxes for typical failures.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somehow I suspect that driving in Alberta and driving in the Boston area are two very different experiences. Do streets in Alberta actually have street signs? Ours don't. Do Alberta drivers ever use turn signals on the highway? (Nobody uses their "blinkah" here) How about being allowed to drive in the breakdown lane? Constant tailgating at 70 mph? Every mom in an SUV holding a cell phone like a slice of pizza? Overall aggressive, competitive driving for some unknown reason?

LOL! I learned this firsthand when I'd visit my son at Northeastern University. Not only all the above, but the pedestrians all seem to have a deathwish as well. I was on a fairly busy street in the Mission Hill area, tooling along with traffic. A lady WITH A BABY STROLLER stepped out into traffic from between two parked cars right in front of me. Totally oblivious to me as I made a panic stop. (edit: @Fuji4 I just read your similar experience; you know what I'm talking about.)

I enjoyed spirited driving as much as the next guy but these people are in another league.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the wallet-punch, though, the compressor is probably number 1 on the "jobs that sound difficult, but are actually pretty easy" list.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the wallet-punch, though, the compressor is probably number 1 on the "jobs that sound difficult, but are actually pretty easy" list.
This is particularly true if you are NOT changing brands, i.e. Hitachi to AMK. I replaced my old Hitachi with a new Hitachi after several failed attempts at repairing the old one. After a half-dozen R&R's, think I had it down to like 20 minutes? Goes faster when everything is already clean and fasteners aren't frozed.

o_O

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72