Lr4 odometer in kms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tripper68

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first LR after admiring them for years. I've found a 2012 lr4 at the local LR dealer and the odometer reads 42k which is a bit higher than I would like. Through texts the sales guy mentioned that he had learned that the truck had originated in Canada and "most likely" the odometer was still in kilometers. My questions are:

What are the chances this is true? Is there a way to switch from km to miles?...I've read it may only be possible to go from miles to kms. What are the warranty implications?

FYI. I did an initial vin search and it did come back as a canada car.

Any help is appreciated!

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first LR after admiring them for years. I've found a 2012 lr4 at the local LR dealer and the odometer reads 42k which is a bit higher than I would like. Through texts the sales guy mentioned that he had learned that the truck had originated in Canada and "most likely" the odometer was still in kilometers. My questions are:

What are the chances this is true? Is there a way to switch from km to miles?...I've read it may only be possible to go from miles to kms. What are the warranty implications?

FYI. I did an initial vin search and it did come back as a canada car.

Any help is appreciated!

I would make sure the car has been properly federalized. That is, make sure it has a mph speedometer, etc. I don't know specific answers, but I would like to see appropriate paperwork to verify the above and some written confirmation that the warranty is valid in the US dealer network.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo