Lr4 official off road photo and video thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeeps are far more economical to wheel due to the aftermarket support options. That is clear. I also think though that LR folks tend to be better drivers though because of the inability to fit 35" or 37" tires. I'm not trying to create an us versus them, but you have to get pretty good at driving off road to move a 31-33" tire and heavier truck through an obstacle, than a 35 or 37". We staffed the VOT this past summer and found that the Jeeps modified to the top end, had less issues and some even stated, less challenge/fun on the trails we used.

I would say the Jeep is definitely more capable when built to the high end. If you build the Jeep too large and stout, especially on the east coast, then it is very easy to become very bored. Out west where Eddie is that has the Rubicon and tons of really large rocky trails where the difficulty level is much higher and there is wide open space to run wide open at speed it makes it much more enjoyable.

The one thing I feel like I take away from every Land Rover video I watch is that the British enjoy the fact that the vehicle has a, what I call, limit. That enjoy pushing to that limit but I think they enjoy the work and comradery that goes into getting past the obstacle. Whether that is getting out the MaxTraxx or the winch or digging or finding a way to float the vehicle across the river. It seems to be more about the adventure than the capabilities of the vehicle.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off Roading at Hollister Hills SVRA in CA

Hey Everyone,

I had a great day of off roading on Saturday, despite the crazy mud and sliding. A few guys from my NCLR club and jdbrincks from this forum had an awesome time on the trails. There was a Range Rover Classic, a couple D1s, a few LR3s, and my LR4.

Here are a few photos (some are thanks to jdbrincks - he took some awesome shots):

The mud at the lower elevations was pretty bad, actually slid a bit and almost hit a fence and a tree.

DSC02498-1_zps84856944.jpg

DSC02497_zpse3785bee.jpg

DSC02508-2_zps8b13dfbf.jpg

Then, we headed up a mountain, some slick roads, sharp turns, dips, and rocky areas, but we all did very well. Only one guy had to get pulled out of a sticky situation.

HeadingupMtn4inarow_zps7e9589a6.jpg

More images coming............

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trails were great, with the beginning of some great views:

Morescenery4_zps4816e699.jpg

onthetrailsfromback1_zps49a47d05.jpg

DSC02518-1_zps3ae5629c.jpg

DSC02506_zps897f33c9.jpg

More to come......

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few pretty rocky areas:

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

We finally made it to the summit, which was worth the trip:

HectorOutlook2_zpsf6a5a459.jpg

LR4andLR3s_zpsee6617b0.jpg

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have to ask, David. Were the stickers on your windows from your previous LR4 or are they all new with this one. ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635