LR4 SCV6 Running Temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering what others have seen as typical running temps in the V6 engine, and looking for thoughts on running a colder thermostat in the V6 cars. The V6 engine seems to run a thermostat that opens at around 204-207 and is not fully open until 228, whereas I believe the older V8 models ran a thermostat that opened around 180F or 190F and was fully open around 203F. A thread on landroverforums.com was discussing whether it would be better to use the lower temp V8 thermostat in the V6.

I believe my temps typically hover around 215-220F (though I haven’t checked in a while) and figured that was normal. Gauge is always dead center. I’ve seen lots of posts for the typical running temp of the V8, which seems to be a little below 200F, but I see very little data on the typical running temp for the SCV6.

I’d appreciate it if anyone with a V6 model could chime in with their typical running temp, and/or any thoughts on running a cooler thermostat.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that’s hot. In the summer my V8 runs pretty hot (215-230) but this is with 100+ degree temps.

It’s normal temp is 190. I saw that post on the other Land Rover forums as well.

I wonder if any engine codes would be thrown with the cooler thermostat installed.

Maybe some hunting on the Jaguar forums would help, seeing we share engines with them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM