Need advice on LR4 20 inch wheel tire options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Redbourne makes a wheel that fits but why not just choose from one of the many factory wheels? Many already are black but a high quality powder coat job would be about $100 pr wheel.

Tprokeeper

Reaction score
Thanks Jwest, I have seen some Rednourne and thought about factory wheels but was concerned with cost of OEM. Thanks for the help I appreciate it!

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are ways to get them at reduced cost. I agree with the concern, before I knew any better I once spent $1000 per 20" wheel on a set of 5 from the dealer! I've been trying to make up for that ever since ;)

Gmosley

Reaction score
I was curious if there is a range of off sets for a 20x9.5 wheel that will work. I am now using my 19s for a winter set up and am looking at 20s for 3 seasons. Only time I am off road is when fishing. I have seen different wheel sites list offsets from 32 to 50 for a 2014 LR4.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2006 I bought the RRS SC 20's that were the "stormer" wheel design and they had the wider offset. It looked really very fantastic actually because they are not only wider by 1.5" than the LR3/4 standard 8", but in order to fit the offset has to be wider which only adds to the wider stance visually.

However, I am guessing that there isn't really a "range" of offsets but rather either/or, standard vs wide. This is specific to RRS wheels though as the full size RR had different wheel options from the factory. For example, I'm fairly sure my 07 RR SC had 20"x9" with an offset sort of in the middle of the lr3/rrs 50-32.

While you may not need the wider offset, the ironic by-product is that it allows better for a larger tire to clear the upper control arm. I was just able to fit a Toyo Proxes ST in 255/80x20 but just barely.

Lastly, anyone who wants a set of the 30mm spacers from Terrafirma, I have a set for sale that I don't need now. Just PM or email me.

Gmosley

Reaction score
Thanks. I asked because I found a blavk wherl that I like and the weight load is good. However the offset is 50. When I visualize it looks like 50 would be a very close fit. I guess I wouldnt really know without trying, or just take their word that it fits without any ill effect

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I asked because I found a blavk wherl that I like and the weight load is good. However the offset is 50. When I visualize it looks like 50 would be a very close fit. I guess I wouldnt really know without trying, or just take their word that it fits without any ill effect

You do mean a Land Rover wheel right? There are no suitably weight-rated/built aftermarket wheels available in the US and the ones from Europe are pretty expensive.

Gmosley

Reaction score
It isnt the same weight load as an LR wheel, I believe 850kg which should be OK since i am not off roading. Is that flawed logic, or do I have to retain the same weight load wheel regardless? That is probably a more important question than off sets at this point. I have about 2 months before i switch out the winter set up. I am only looking at 20 because I dont want two sets of 19s.

Gmosley

Reaction score
Quick question, I have been looking at the Redbourne wheels and they list the tire size as 255-50-20. Does that fit OK on a 9.5" wheel? Is anyone running this size on a redbourne wheel, or are they running the 265-50-20? Also, has anyone tried the Nokian Zline SUV tire? Thanks in advance

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question, I have been looking at the Redbourne wheels and they list the tire size as 255-50-20. Does that fit OK on a 9.5" wheel? Is anyone running this size on a redbourne wheel, or are they running the 265-50-20? Also, has anyone tried the Nokian Zline SUV tire? Thanks in advance
You can run up to a 285/50r20 with only minor rubbing (when new, and at full lock). I have not run any Nokian's personally, but have heard great things about the brand.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9